What Are You Listening To?

AndyB

Try Diablo, Omnium Gatherum and Blake for starters.

ps. Monroe's new album is pretty good, agreed.

God, I LOVED Hanoi Rocks.

Another one...

Better, Dimmu? Anyway, what kind of Finn are you taking your userid from a Norwegian (albeit utterly brilliant) band?

I do like Ensiferum. For me its Turisas, Amon Amarth, Crimfall, Lordi and a few others from the nordic area!

I do like my German metal as well, stuff like UDO and Rammstein

I do like Ensiferum. For me its Turisas, Amon Amarth, Crimfall, Lordi and a few others from the nordic area!

I do like my German metal as well, stuff like UDO and Rammstein

Any love for Helloween?

One of the classics - none of this 'Pink Hamsters Go To Nottingham' or whatever that utter pile of carp was called.

Any love for Helloween?

One of the classics - none of this 'Pink Hamsters Go To Nottingham' or whatever that utter pile of carp was called.

Never heard of them tbf, will give a listen.

Looking forward to hopefully seeing these this year

Its cheesy I know, but its all in good fun!

Helloween were huge 25 years ago. Hunt down the following albums...

The Walls Of Jericho 

Keeper of the Seven Keys Part 1

Keeper of the Seven Keys Part 2

then don't bother any more.

After Kai Hansen and Michael Kiske left the band, they became a hollow shell consisting of turds and garbage.

Ill try and get round to them, currently trying to get hold of Lordi's back catalogue after seeing them live a couple of months ago!

Lordi are good fun, but musically about on a level with Gwar. I KNOW those guys are having a laugh - I'm not so sure about Mr Lordi though. I hope so.

If you want to hear the masters of not-all-that-serious metal, try and search out a bit of Lawnmower Deth.

Edit:

Or the wonderful Tenacious D, of course.

Lordi are good fun, but musically about on a level with Gwar. I KNOW those guys are having a laugh - I'm not so sure about Mr Lordi though. I hope so.

If you want to hear the masters of not-all-that-serious metal, try and search out a bit of Lawnmower Deth.

Edit:

Or the wonderful Tenacious D, of course.

I would say Lordi are far above Gwar, I still love Gwar though simply because they are always taking the piss

Like when they gave out dating advice

Unfortunately mr Lordi aka Tomi Putaansuu is a serious KISS fan and takes his music very even more seriously.

Oh dear. I nearly included KISS in the 'not to be taken seriously but good fun' Venn diagram too. 

Any good? I'm buying it next week, and for our 'Family Excursion' this year (every year, my daughter, her partner, my son, the Memsahib and I meet up for one metal gig - and it's always my treat to them for keeping me insane) we're going to see the Sabs at Sheffield in December.

I'm a great dad, if I say it myself. Actually I'm a Grandad, but little Sethlad is only 1 - he'll have to wait just a few years yet before he makes his metal debut;.

Have you ever done the Ozzfest Eddie? I've always wanted to but never done it.

I'd love to go, then after go and get drunk with his Mrs. I could do that no probs.

Have you ever done the Ozzfest Eddie? I've always wanted to but never done it.

I'd love to go, then after go and get drunk with his Mrs. I could do that no probs.

Only when it was held at Donington in 2002 and 2005 (which was really a Download anyway)