What Are You Listening To?

AndyB

The 1975 - chocolate

I've put that song down as the reason the music industry is in such a state.

Isn't young folks music supposed to be dangerous,provoking,anti establishment or at least slightly in yer face.

It's not particulary that song but songs like that,I think this song says it better than I can.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OYZ2xt_GZCY

Isn't young folks music supposed to be dangerous,provoking,anti establishment or at least slightly in yer face.

It's not particulary that song but songs like that,I think this song says it better than I can.

not at all? All of my mates are into bands such as the 1975's, imagine dragons, Bastille or even ed sheeran!

None of that anti-distablishment in yer face milakey your on about! :D

Tonight, I have been listening to the greatest (IMO) rock band to walk the planet. Iron Maiden at Donington were utterly irresistible. The anthem "Iron Maiden" finishes with the lines "Iron Maiden's gonna get ALL of you". Well, tonight they got the best part of a hundred thousand, from the moment a Spitfire flew low over the arena right through to "Running Free".

It was the fifth time they've headlined Donington / Download, and I think it was their best-ever performance.

There were a few other highlights today. I decided to give Lemmy and Motorhead a miss for once and went to the second stage to see Thunder - brilliant. Mastodon and Alice in Chains were very good too. so far, two spanking days.

Follow that, Rammstein.

Black Sabbath - 13

Any good? I'm buying it next week, and for our 'Family Excursion' this year (every year, my daughter, her partner, my son, the Memsahib and I meet up for one metal gig - and it's always my treat to them for keeping me insane) we're going to see the Sabs at Sheffield in December.

I'm a great dad, if I say it myself. Actually I'm a Grandad, but little Sethlad is only 1 - he'll have to wait just a few years yet before he makes his metal debut;.

Tonight, I have been listening to the greatest (IMO) rock band to walk the planet. Iron Maiden at Donington were utterly irresistible. The anthem "Iron Maiden" finishes with the lines "Iron Maiden's gonna get ALL of you". Well, tonight they got the best part of a hundred thousand, from the moment a Spitfire flew low over the arena right through to "Running Free".

It was the fifth time they've headlined Donington / Download, and I think it was their best-ever performance.

There were a few other highlights today. I decided to give Lemmy and Motorhead a miss for once and went to the second stage to see Thunder - brilliant. Mastodon and Alice in Chains were very good too. so far, two spanking days.

Follow that, Rammstein.

Never been a huge fan of Maiden, but I appreciate what they do and they do it very well(seen them a few times). what I can guarantee you is that Rammstein will make them look very ordinary :D

BTW I can't tell you how jealous I am of you and a few thousand more.Done loads of Monsters of Rock and Downloads but not been for years.That's gonna change.

Next year I'm coming to you Download. B)

Never been a huge fan of Maiden, but I appreciate what they do and they do it very well(seen them a few times). what I can guarantee you is that Rammstein will make them look very ordinary :D

BTW I can't tell you how jealous I am of you and a few thousand more.Done loads of Monsters of Rock and Downloads but not been for years.That's gonna change.

Next year I'm coming to you Download. B)

Good man. I'm tired and it's going to be a real effort to make it up there today, but I'll make it. A few bacon sandwiches for breakfast and I'll be as good as new.

I saw Rammstein last year and they are an incredible spectacle, and Till Lindemann has that same sort of stage presence that Bruce has. 

Helloween-Keeper of the Seven Keys pt1

Utterly superb album.

Well, Rammstein came (Till Lindemann did - all over Flake in probably the only simulated sodomy to ever have been seen on the stage at Donington), they saw, and they utterly conquered the place and ripped it to shreds. What an amazing weekend, from first to last. 

Roll on next year.

Follow that, Rammstein.

Thunder are one of my favourite bands. Incredible singer.  Gutted I couldn't go this year, Maiden have always been sublime every time I have seen them.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OYZ2xt_GZCY

Was that DcFc Dyycheee in the end of the video?

Utterly superb album.

Well, Rammstein came (Till Lindemann did - all over Flake in probably the only simulated sodomy to ever have been seen on the stage at Donington), they saw, and they utterly conquered the place and ripped it to shreds. What an amazing weekend, from first to last. 

Roll on next year.

Im still sad that I missed it :(

Any love for Airbourne?

These guys were utterly sensational at Download - truly if ever AC/DC ever feel ready to hand over the baton of 'Greatest Ever Band From Upside-Down Land', these guys are ready and willing to pick it up. One of the highlights of the whole weekend for me. OK, this song was from a recent gig in Springfield, but increase the atmosphere by a factor of 10, put it outside and you could be at Donington...

... apart from the fact that Joel O'Keeffe actually got INTO the crowd with us, still playing and singing.