What Are You Listening To?

AndyB

19 minutes ago, TimRam said:

Dedicated to Paul Di'Anno whose death announced today (21/10/24)

Jeeez, that's shocked me, I mean really.  Di'Anno-era Maiden were a big part of my ear-wrecking musical teens, their jolly-up at The Assembly Rooms is still one of my all time favourites.  Might just pop this on through my PA later, let the neighbours know what they missed

4 hours ago, TimRam said:

Dedicated to Paul Di'Anno whose death announced today (21/10/24)

I’m really sad about this. I’ve been a massive Maiden fan for 35 years and I love Di’Anno’s voice. Those first 2 albums were incredible and his voice gave them a punky edge.

Wish I’d seen them live with Paul singing but I was a bit too young. Said to see how ill he looked in the last couple of years, but fair play, he kept gigging. RIP Paul.

4 hours ago, KaiserBillsBatman said:

Jeeez, that's shocked me, I mean really.  Di'Anno-era Maiden were a big part of my ear-wrecking musical teens, their jolly-up at The Assembly Rooms is still one of my all time favourites.  Might just pop this on through my PA later, let the neighbours know what they missed

First time I saw them was at the Assembly Rooms in 1990. I’ve just had Killers on very loud in the car. That album was a dream line up for me.

43 minutes ago, KaiserBillsBatman said:

Seems a few of us on various DCFC forums were there, supported by Praying Mantis as I recall 

That must have been 1980, I can only imagine how good that gig was! Wolfsbane supported them for the gig I was at in 1990. They were great as well. I loved Blaze but he didn’t have the pipes to take on Maiden later.

14 minutes ago, Kinder said:

That must have been 1980, I can only imagine how good that gig was! Wolfsbane supported them for the gig I was at in 1990. They were great as well. I loved Blaze but he didn’t have the pipes to take on Maiden later.

Yes 80 sorry I misread.  Jeez there was some decent rock and metal at the Assembly rooms around that time - AC/DC, Motörhead, Maiden, April Wine, and IMO the best of all Blizzard Of Oz supported by the mighty Budgie 

5 minutes ago, KaiserBillsBatman said:

Yes 80 sorry I misread.  Jeez there was some decent rock and metal at the Assembly rooms around that time - AC/DC, Motörhead, Maiden, April Wine, and IMO the best of all Blizzard Of Oz supported by the mighty Budgie 

Wow! This is the gig listing for the Odeon in Brum in 1980. This blows my mind, I was born 10 years too late…

0983e8d2-5643-4798-b6e5-614d7707db0b.jpeg