What Are You Listening To?

AndyB

1 hour ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

A lot of people think Arctic Monkeys' last couple of albums are a load of pretentious twaddle, which I can understand. I've fully bought into it though. Absolutely love the lead single off their last album.

Saw the Arctics at Rock City in '06 the week their first album came out. They were a bunch of scallies, full of energy and wit, and they were amazing. It would have been a huge disappointment if they had then gone on just releasing the same teenage indie album over and over again every few years - instead they have evolved, like every great band does. It's fine to recognise that Mirrorball and Body Paint are superb, without having to give up first loves like Fake Tales and Dancefloor.

Oh, and 505 is one of the ten greatest songs of all time...

2 minutes ago, ivo_knoflicek said:

Saw the Arctics at Rock City in '06 the week their first album came out. They were a bunch of scallies, full of energy and wit, and they were amazing. It would have been a huge disappointment if they had then gone on just releasing the same teenage indie album over and over again every few years - instead they have evolved, like every great band does. It's fine to recognise that Mirrorball and Body Paint are superb, without having to give up first loves like Fake Tales and Dancefloor.

Oh, and 505 is one of the ten greatest songs of all time...

Exactly this. I might listen to Whatever People Say I Am on a Friday night, then The Car on a Sunday. It’s great that they’re able to make such different records.

I also like the fact that Alex Turner just follows his creative instinct and writes what he feels like writing, rather than worrying about what will be the most commercially successful. 

1 hour ago, KaiserBillsBatman said:

amazing on three counts

1 I heard this tonight, dated it at 66/67, it’s from 2019

2 I picked it up from a 22 year old Greek waitress’ playlist, she has the most impeccable soul ear 

3 it’s amazing 

Good find 🍻