Interesting table on when teams in the Championship score/concede goals

CumbrianRam

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dunno where you found it CR but its really interesting ta, and it shows clearly that we 'lead' the table when it come to goals scored in the last 15mins ( as if we hadn't guessed),and also lead the amount of goals scored in the second 15mins of the 2nd half..... what a weird stat ??

So we are 13% above average for the last 30 mins, but 7% below average for the last 15 mins. I bet Bris is bashing one of at these stats.

Also shows that we don't concede late on either so we are concentrating on defence in the late stages (when Bucko has been utilised)

So we are 13% above average for the last 30 mins, but 7% below average for the last 15 mins. I bet Bris is bashing one of at these stats.

My opinion is irrelevant, I don't go to the games.. I guess you should now question CR to see if he goes to the games? As stats like this are only relevant if the original poster who mentions it goes to games right?

Thanks CR as this table has actually stopped Bris from quoting stats to prove a point lol. He can't uses stats to bore his point home on the same information. I have saved this table for future reference. CHEERS LOL

On serious note I am sure that this was not the reason for posting this information. It is cracking table to show where we are compared to other teams. The stat in last 15mins conceeding has for me been important as we have not lost many games this year compared to say last year. Would be interesting to see this table compared to say last year.

I would rather not conceed in the last 15mins as the old adage to win a game you need to score more that the opposition. Not sure if anyone clocked but we may have the worst scoring record in the last 15minutes but we have by far the best scoring record in the 61-75 minute range by some 12%. What that means is then we defend the goals with the best defenisive record in the division for the final 15minutes. Not attractive, not what fans would prefer to see but is this an indication that Clough has some idea and forgoes popularity to get a result as at the end of the day a managers job is about points on the board not performance.

We are hopefully going to get the highest number of points under a Clough with many are saying are his players. I say it again don't care if we score in last 15mins of a game as long as points continue to be placed on the board and we move onwards and upwards.

Thanks CR as this table has actually stopped Bris from quoting stats to prove a point lol. He can't uses stats to bore his point home on the same information. I have saved this table for future reference. CHEERS LOL

I don't undertand this? The information proves that we rarely score in the last 15 minutes, and as a collective, over the period where 'bonus points' are won we're near the bottom of the table.. Something I said, something that you dismissed.. Something I got crucified for, just because I pointed out a failing rather than completely ignore it..

Rotherham I too would rather not concede int he last 15 minutes.. But you can do this by being solid at the back and still going for a winner.. Something we did against 10 men Forest but hadn't before for nearly 3 years.

I also completely agree with you regards not caring about scoring in the last 15 minutes.. As long as we're in a points gaining position at 75 mins I couldn't give a flying feck whether we score late on or not.. It's the times where we need goals (over 50% of the time) in that period and we go defensive.. That's what grinds me.. Stats or not, when we go negative late on it infuriates me and stats like these prove that you'd be better off going for the win..

My opinion is irrelevant, I don't go to the games.. I guess you should now question CR to see if he goes to the games? As stats like this are only relevant if the original poster who mentions it goes to games right?

1. Statistics can't be judged as relevant or otherwise based on whether the compiler (or sharer in case) attended the game. I challenge you to provide evidence where I or any other poster suggested otherwise.

2. However the conclusions reached from reading these stats need to be carefully considered.You came to a conclusion about the tactics used in the Peterborough game, based on prejudice rather than observation (of any type) and analysis.

I look forward to your reply to those two points.

Southampton -3%

Reading +15%

West Ham -8%

Birmingham +12%

Blackpool +15%

'Boro -8%

So half the top six are below average.

These stats don't tell you if those late goals have actually got any points from the game.

They probably have in some cases, but not all.

I don't undertand this? The information proves that we rarely score in the last 15 minutes, and as a collective, over the period where 'bonus points' are won we're near the bottom of the table.. Something I said, something that you dismissed.. Something I got crucified for, just because I pointed out a failing rather than completely ignore it..

Rotherham I too would rather not concede int he last 15 minutes.. But you can do this by being solid at the back and still going for a winner.. Something we did against 10 men Forest but hadn't before for nearly 3 years.

I also completely agree with you regards not caring about scoring in the last 15 minutes.. As long as we're in a points gaining position at 75 mins I couldn't give a flying feck whether we score late on or not.. It's the times where we need goals (over 50% of the time) in that period and we go defensive.. That's what grinds me.. Stats or not, when we go negative late on it infuriates me and stats like these prove that you'd be better off going for the win..

hahahahaha, you have banged on about this for months its been the only thing you have been talking about. It has been the holy grail for you, the last piece of the myth that Derby were not able to score in the last 15 minutes of a game. Now they have done this you don't care now if they score in the last 15minutes. Why bang on about it and drive everyone nuts about it if you don't care. You call me crazy/deluded hahahahahaahha

hahahahaha, you have banged on about this for months its been the only thing you have been talking about. It has been the holy grail for you, the last piece of the myth that Derby were not able to score in the last 15 minutes of a game. Now they have done this you don't care now if they score in the last 15minutes. Why bang on about it and drive everyone nuts about it if you don't care. You call me crazy/deluded hahahahahaahha

Can you read? Or haven't you reached that level of intelligence yet? If you try reading it properly you'll notice that I wouldn't care if we were in a points gaining position (ie. winning) before 75 mins.. But at home alone 50% of the time we aren't.. Don't even get me started on away matches, we'd be below 20% I'm sure.

Did you geniunely believe that I didn't think we'd ever score again in the last 15 mins? It's been nice of you to wait 3/4 of the season to give the 'I told you so' speech, even though I have always refered to the mentality not the scoring part.. The scoring part was just further evidence.

And you are deluded..

You proved that by claiming we were the better team against Stoke and said your reasons being that we had a corner that looked like it was drifting in.. According to you, we deserve a win when were being battered (calling it a 'scrappy win' ie. Watford/Hull) and we deserve a win when drawing but outplaying the opposition (Barnsley) and we're the better side despite not even registering a shot on target (Stoke) and we aniliate our opposition (a 1-0 last minute winner from a freekick as we didn't look like scoring from open play- Forest) and we matched the best in the league (despite rarely getting out of our half and having 40% possession at home - Southampton) and there wasn't that much between the sides (coming off a drubbing at Leicester)..

Why don't you try for Rammie?

Archived