Best of the Young Ones

sage

Who do you think is the best of the young players that have come through this season, out of Ball, Bennett, Hendrick, Hughes and O'Brien?

Who has made the most impact this season and who will go farthest in the game?

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think Hendrick looks most at home in the first team at this moment in time, although Ball also doesn't seem out of place.

O'Brien started well but had a bit of a dodgy patch, really needs to work on his distribution if he is going to progess in the game.

I would think Bennett will go farthest in the game if he lives up to his potential.

Hendrick is good. But needs more contrast alongside him. He's a jack of all trades type player. We put him next to Bryson and just highlight that neither can do anything amazingly well. But Hendrick does the simple stuff to a good level. Good player.

Don't think OB is that good. Love his bravery and passion.

Bennett seems like a divvy that thinks he's in a rap video. But I think he's handled his game time exceptionally well. When he's played he's made a difference. That's either embarrassing for his teammates/opponents.... Or he's got a chance at being a big success story.

Ball is a teenage target man. Never really seen one before. Target men tend to develop the bulk and experience that comes with a bit of age??

Doyle never looked like a footballer when I've seen him.

Naylor just played once.

I think next season if Bennett and Hughes can push on we'll be well away! At the minute, the best of the young players is Hendrick, the one with the most potential is undoutbed Bennett, he is still a pup and everytime he has come on, whilst looking raw has had a positive influence on the game.

Bennett and Hughes look to have something about them, will be interesting to see how they develop and wouldnt mind either getting a run in the side next season.

Reckon Hendrick/Ball will be lower half Champ/League 1 players, neither have that real spark. If Ball was a bit quicker/mobile i think he could be a good player but that will always let him down.

I see no harm in putting Bennett and Hughes on the bench for the last few games of the season, certainly against Pompey and Peterborough. I don't think we should field a weaker side as we could still cement a top half finish, but it would be a good idea to give them a run in the side.

I would agree that Hendrick is the best of the young players at the minute and will make a top end Chpuinship player maybe bottom end Prem player if he keeps progressing and stays fit.

Bennett and Hughes have the potential to be the best of our youngsters and could go all the way, though they've both got a long way to go.

I think O'Btien and Ball will both end up being Div One players due to their lack of pace. Maybe Ball could go further if he improves massively in the air.

Doyle and Naylor both look like competent players who need to settle into a specific position and get some games.

I think Hendrick has the most potential of the current batch, he will never be a world beater but ia very tidy and effecient in midfield, i wouldnt write bailey off yet withwr. I don't see anything in ball and OB and think they will probably drop into the lower leagues.

I think Hendrick has the most potential of the current batch, he will never be a world beater but ia very tidy and effecient in midfield, i wouldnt write bailey off yet withwr. I don't see anything in ball and OB and think they will probably drop into the lower leagues.

I'm a bit surprised so many are saying they dont think OB will do anything.

Made his debut at 16 - established himself as a reliable central defender at championship level at 18. Of course he's had a wobble, but most young lads do.

Some of our more critical posters were hearlding him as better than barker earlier in the season.

He'd be ahead of Jake in the pecking order if not injured and I do think this lad will play premier league. He's a head it and kick it centre half. There is ALWAYS room for one of those.

Archived