Player Suggestion Thread

DCFC_4_LIFE

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If Clough can do what he did with Ward with McGugan, we will have the most dangerous midfielder in the championship.

McGugan is decent but steady on, there are far better out there in the NPC with bigger potential. Jacob Butterfield being one.

If I was Clough I'd offer Barnsley $800k ish (he's out of contract in the summer) and get him here in January.. He'll be playing PL football in the next few years anyone, he has amazing potential and he's a far better 'footballer' than McGugan. Butterfield IMO is the most complete midfielder in the league, he could definately end up at a higher PL club like Everton in a few years.

Problem is, Clough is afraid to spend money incase the player flops.

What we need is:

A holding Striker (Mellor, Howard ?)

A play maker midfielder (Lallana)

A winger who can actually run (Gary Roberts Huddersfield)

and a new left back because gareth roberts and kilbane are god awful

Then we might not flop as soon as the weather turns bad (like this season and last)

Pulis letting go of some of his fringe players......[url=http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2080024/Tony-Pulis-let-leave-Stoke-City-January.html#ixzz1hy2Z71DQ]http://www.dailymail...l#ixzz1hy2Z71DQ

I'd like Tom Soares personally 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrin' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':D' />

I'd have all 6 ! there all quality championship players

Problem is, Clough is afraid to spend money incase the player flops.

What we need is:

A holding Striker (Mellor, Howard ?)

A play maker midfielder (Lallana)

A winger who can actually run (Gary Roberts Huddersfield)

and a new left back because gareth roberts and kilbane are god awful

Then we might not flop as soon as the weather turns bad (like this season and last)

Is that the same Roberts who was MoM against West Ham?

Is that the same Roberts who was MoM against West Ham?

It's incredible that Roberts still gets stick. I played left full-back for 35 years. Your first priority is doing everything within your powers to stop the opposition attacking your goal. Roberts achieves that week after week. If his defensive colleagues kept that focus we would be far higher in the league. I know he's no Roberto Carlos but hey, look where we are and what we can afford. If we had a better attacking midfield we wouldn't be having this discussion.

Leave Roberts alone. He does his job well. He makes far fewer mistakes than McEveley or Moxey, and he gives 100% every week.

Me and Rob was talking about it, we want to again but not get involved with running the club

Well the waterfall needs a team again, was thinking of trying to get 1 up and running but not sure how to go about it.

Archived