Chelsea Sack AVB

Day

Andre Villa-Boas has parted company with Chelsea Football Club today.

The board would like to record our gratitude for his work and express our disappointmentthat the relationship has ended so early.

Unfortunately the results and performances of the team have not been good enough and were showing no signs of improving at a key time in the season.

The club is still competing in the latter stages of the Uefa Champions League and the FA Cup, as well as challenging for a top-four spot in the Premier League, and we aim to remain as competitive as possible on all fronts.

With that in mind we felt our only option was to make a change at this time.

With immediate effect Roberto Di Matteo has been appointed first team coach on an interim basis until the end of the season.

[url=http://www.chelseafc.com/page/LatestNews/0,,10268~2633044,00.html]http://www.chelseafc.com/page/LatestNews/0,,10268~2633044,00.html

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"Andre Villa-Boas has parted company with Chelsea Football Club today.

"The board would like to record our gratitude for his work and express our disappointment that the relationship has ended so early.

"Unfortunately the results and performances of the team have not been good enough and were showing no signs of improving at a key time in the season.

"The club is still competing in the latter stages of the Uefa Champions League and the FA Cup, as well as challenging for a top-four spot in the Premier League, and we aim to remain as competitive as possible on all fronts.

"With that in mind we felt our only option was to make a change at this time.

"With immediate effect Roberto Di Matteo has been appointed first team coach on an interim basis until the end of the season."

I think Chelski could be in real trouble as they have a lot of older overpaid underperforming players with not a lot of youth prospects coming through. Frankly I hope they fall rapidly as this rich mans plaything throwing money at it model is flawed and I hope this will expose the fraility of it.

(Not that our poor (but supposedly rich) mans play thing throwing platitudes at it model seems to be working any better!!)

So the media hacks have their way. Shouldn't a man they paid £28m for be given the time and resources to build his own team? Chelsea have a player power like no other club, and it is really stifling and destructive. Perhaps their aging, overrated squad should be blamed for the poor performances, rather than the manager. A ridiculous, pathetic decision, and an insult to one of the best young managers in Europe.

my moneys on rafa! dont think they'll do much until the old heads loosen their grip...think rafa might get torres playing though... and terry will go to millwall.

Thats soooo fookin 'on the money', it made me laugh out loud ! perfect marriage.

Archived