The forgotten story of...Seth Johnson in an England shirt

Catch 23

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Can we agree that Seth is a modern day legend, if not at the level of the players from "back in the day"?

I agree, in the sense that he is one of the best of a very bad bunch for us in the modern day. For me this only goes to highlight how short changed we have been in the last 20+ years when people are calling someone like Seth a modern day legend. It's quite sad actually.....i liked Seth, I really did, but would he have got in any of the great teams of the past.....? Not a chance sadly, but then again, over the last 20 years who else would have done.....

There must be whole generations of fans growing up as Derby fans with such low expectations and such low standards.

He is closer to being a legend that is for sure....he changed the team, a leader, pretty much the last "captain" we have had actually.

Didn't Stimac come in after Van Der Laan 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/wacko' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':wacko:' /> and also Darren Moore was a natural leader, and I believe Shaun Barker to be a good leader, not as natural as the other 3 mentioned but seems very grounded and respected.

I agree, in the sense that he is one of the best of a very bad bunch for us in the modern day. For me this only goes to highlight how short changed we have been in the last 20+ years when people are calling someone like Seth a modern day legend. It's quite sad actually.....i liked Seth, I really did, but would he have got in any of the great teams of the past.....? Not a chance sadly, but then again, over the last 20 years who else would have done.....

There must be whole generations of fans growing up as Derby fans with such low expectations and such low standards.

International players like Asanovic, Stimac, Poom, Wanchope, Eranio, Baiano as low standards.....

You some kind of joker or wind up merchant?

Seth is a bit like Mick skinner in rugby, limited in terms of ability but loved by fans as he tackled like a wild beast. There have been much better players but he played every game as though it was his last and was hard as nails which is why fans love him. He is basically the player that savage thinks he was. You don't have to be the worlds best to be a legend and Seth is an example of why, the fact that he was and remains completely down to earth doesn't hurt either.

On a separate note, George Williams was a great player, IMO of course

Didn't Stimac come in after Van Der Laan 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/wacko' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':wacko:' /> and also Darren Moore was a natural leader, and I believe Shaun Barker to be a good leader, not as natural as the other 3 mentioned but seems very grounded and respected.

Stimac was class, but not a captain like Van der Laan, jsut a great great player...as for Darren Moore...you have got to be joking havent you..??

Stimac was class, but not a captain like Van der Laan, jsut a great great player...as for Darren Moore...you have got to be joking havent you..??

I was young when Stimac was here, but always considered him a good leader! Darren Moore perhaps wasn't the greatest player in the world but during our promotion season his leadership helped a lot of young players, regardless of ability he was an outstanding leader of men!

Archived