The forgotten story of...Seth Johnson in an England shirt

Catch 23

My flatmate (Crewe fan) used to know him back in the day through folks at school.

Apparently these days he spends most his time in pubs smoking & drinking!

I can believe that, and eating pies- have you seen the size of the lad these days? He played at a charity match for Hartson at PP and I kept wondering why Andy Reid was getting such a good reception! 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/ohmy' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':o' />

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't think it is strong at all. He gave 100% for the club, genuine, decent, ripped off Leeds, helped us to promotion- and didn't he break a refs rib once?

He isn't anywhere close to being a legend, nowhere near at all.

An allright player shining through because of his attitude.

Daryll Powell with a bit more ability.

Do you get a kick out of being wrong?

In no order at all....Steve Bloomer,Kevin Hector,Gordon Guthrie, Charlie George,Dave Mackay,Roy Mac,Arthur Cox,Jim Smith,Brian Clough, Peter Taylor,Mark Wright, Dean Saunders, Bobby Davison,Lionel Pickering,Colin Boulton, Ron Webster,John O Hare, Archie Gemmil, Ted McMinn, Igor Stimac etc etc etc etc etc etc etc ...Derby County legends....sorry but Seth Johnson isn't anywhere NEAR the calibre of ANY of those guys...an absolute million miles away from it.

My flatmate (Crewe fan) used to know him back in the day through folks at school.

Apparently these days he spends most his time in pubs smoking & drinking!

Steve Elliot when in derby drinks with us lot and in Seths derby days him n Steve were good mates, he often joined us for a pint in Alvaston, and a game of killer pool, genuine bloke, a lot of admiration for him and loved the rams, not a derby fan but he loved us, but he liked to sink a few back in them days,

I used to love watching Seth play as a kid. Remember him getting sent off for a horendous tackle against Bradford and thinking I want to be just like Seth Johnson when I play football. I didn't turn out to be that good at football but i make some awful tackles when i do play. Thank you Seth for teaching me the ways of the defensive midfielder.

Steve Elliot when in derby drinks with us lot and in Seths derby days him n Steve were good mates, he often joined us for a pint in Alvaston, and a game of killer pool, genuine bloke, a lot of admiration for him and loved the rams, not a derby fan but he loved us, but he liked to sink a few back in them days,

My flatmate told me a few tails from his Crewe days.

Reckoned he always did like a drink & a cig - made him a bad influence for the younger lads who wanted to emulate his 'off-field antics' but didn't actually have the quality to perform on the pitch, post drinking session, like he did.

I used to love watching Seth play as a kid. Remember him getting sent off for a horendous tackle against Bradford and thinking I want to be just like Seth Johnson when I play football. I didn't turn out to be that good at football but i make some awful tackles when i do play. Thank you Seth for teaching me the ways of the defensive midfielder.

I remember that! Away at Bradford.

In no order at all....Steve Bloomer,Kevin Hector,Gordon Guthrie, Charlie George,Dave Mackay,Roy Mac,Arthur Cox,Jim Smith,Brian Clough, Peter Taylor,Mark Wright, Dean Saunders, Bobby Davison,Lionel Pickering,Colin Boulton, Ron Webster,John O Hare, Archie Gemmil, Ted McMinn, Igor Stimac etc etc etc etc etc etc etc ...Derby County legends....sorry but Seth Johnson isn't anywhere NEAR the calibre of ANY of those guys...an absolute million miles away from it.

obviously in your own opinion.

For what he did when he came back from Leeds and helped get us promoted whilst wrecking his own career making sure WBA didn't score, in my opinion, is stuff of legends.

Well done Seth, the reception he always gets tells you how Derby fans will always regard him.

Archived