The forgotten story of...Seth Johnson in an England shirt

Catch 23

[url=http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/blog/2012/feb/28/seth-johnson-england]http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/blog/2012/feb/28/seth-johnson-england

Dunno if this has been posted. Interesting article about, well, Seth Johnson playing for England. Although it erroneously states that we were bottom of the league at that point (19th, actually). Can't believe he's only 32 though.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I love Seth, and I'm not ashamed to admit it.

What a guy, I wish he would find something to fill the void. I need a chap to knock boxes out for me, can't pay owt though, but he'll not want money will he? ask ken bates.

Haha! Doing the dirty on the dirty!

what a true Derby legend- love what that big girl blouse Boateng said about him! He certainly was a hard tackler but not dirty- just full blooded! If he is really struggling finding a new passion we should get him back at the club in some capacity- even if its helping out Gordon! Feel sorry for the guy after reading that, especially as his last game was the Wembley one and no-one really noticed what had happened due to the occasion and we didn't get to say a proper goodbye to the bloke. Does he still live local does anyone know?

It's so sad that he is in people's top 5 of players they have ever seen play for us.... a decent player, but not in the top 50 players i have seen play for us, nothing against the bloke, it just goes to show you how short changed people have been over recent years.

As for his England cap, almost scored with his first touch...great couple of days we had over there too..

He is in my top 5, not because of his ability but because of his style and desire! In my top 5 liked but ability wise was at a similar level of Riggott, Christie, Higgenbotham, Delap...etc compared to the Ace, Eranio, Kinkladze (on his day) Stimac, Baiano, Strupar (when not dead and on his day)..etc they all had ability that superseded his!

I really liked him, not the top 5 I've seen but can't fault his work rate.

Legend's a bit strong?!

I don't rate him in the top 5 in terms of quality, but in a game of so few characters and positive role models, he does stand out from the crowd. His loyalty both to Crewe and Derby, plus his down to Earth attitude set him apart from other players. It says just as much about the state of the modern game as it does about the man himself.

Plus, we screwed Leeds with that transfer fee! 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/laugh' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':lol:' />

I really liked him, not the top 5 I've seen but can't fault his work rate.

Legend's a bit strong?!

I don't think it is strong at all. He gave 100% for the club, genuine, decent, ripped off Leeds, helped us to promotion- and didn't he break a refs rib once?

Archived