A cheap shot

Dangerous

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Don't think anyone cheers when we lose Deano - but doing our bit in actually trying to support the team when we're losing (which is the whole point of a supporter) for me is the way to go. I don't see the point of booing because it does nothing to help the team and hands the other camp the advantage.

I wouldn't say no-one has any right to boo, but it's not for me.

You call cheering when your team loses loyalty.

I call it stupidity.

loy·al·ty (loi.tfd.com/hm/GIF/prime.tfd.com/hm/GIF/schwal-t.tfd.com/hm/GIF/emacr)n. pl. loy·al·ties

1. The state or quality of being loyal.

2. A feeling or attitude of devoted attachment and affection.

As in, get behind the team you claim to support instead of being against them.

Nobody said cheer a loss, most people are saying back your team.

loy·al·ty (loi.tfd.com/hm/GIF/prime.tfd.com/hm/GIF/schwal-t.tfd.com/hm/GIF/emacr)n. pl. loy·al·ties

1. The state or quality of being loyal.

2. A feeling or attitude of devoted attachment and affection.

As in, get behind the team you claim to support instead of being against them.

Nobody said cheer a loss, most people are saying back your team.

You are not acting 'against' when you are show disaproval to the complete lack of effort or incompetence.

The definition also does not say anything about pretending everything is okay, when it plainly is not.

I'm not entirely convinced that you know what you are talking about.

Irony not your strongest point.

We were talking about supporting the team you claim to support, rather than constantly booing etc..

You know how it is at Derby, we're not made of money, we've got the 2nd youngest squad in the division and we're building towards the future.

You want it all now, you're not getting it, you're upset about that.

Right?

Black Nwhite the definition doesn't say anything about booing. I believe booing could be incorporated into that definition, because we love the club and stick by them we feel it is important we let our true feelings out by showing our dissaproval. Much like a parent grounds a child, or an intervention takes place when someone is an addict. People don't constantly boo either, that is an exaggeration.

While you may be confident that it will work out a significant proportion of others are not, and at the moment the evidence seems to be more our way than yours. People are still loyal to the club even if they disagree with the fallacy that the board are brilliant, that Nigel is someone who has done well and that booing a performence of gross ineptitude is somehow showing your disloyal.

Archived