A cheap shot

Dangerous

Well then how can you moan at fans for reacting to a **** performance, surely that's natural if you want the team to do well?

How can they be considered disloyal when it's those same fans who get behind the team given the slightest bit of encouragement. I'm sure those fans don't go to the game hoping we have a **** first half so they can have a good boo.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well then how can you moan at fans for reacting to a **** performance, surely that's natural if you want the team to do well?

How can they be considered disloyal when it's those same fans who get behind the team given the slightest bit of encouragement. I'm sure those fans don't go to the game hoping we have a **** first half so they can have a good boo.

I understand the "ahhhh's" after a wayward pass, but booing is disloyal in my book. Just my opinion of course, interesting to read the various interpretations of why booing is acceptable or unacceptable. Seems like it's been an age old debate, dating back to roman times.

I agree, or at least I hope that fans don't go to a game to boo, but they do, and it's counter productive.

It would be difficult to play pedestrian football if the place was rocking.

Also as a player it's easier to forget tired legs if there's some adrenaline in the ground.

Flat atmosphere = Flat performance = flat atmosphere.

PP must be a difficult place to play for these players of limited experience. Vicious circle.

Indeed.

Flat performance = Flat atmosphere = Flat Performance.

We didn't set out on Thursday to slate the team though.

What happened during and after the first half was a reaction to an unusually bad performance which left everybody flat, maybe there was some trepidation because we've been playing so **** recently, but again the reaction of the crowd to that was entirely understandable for me, you go to a game up for it against a (minor) local rival and the team plays like that first half it's very frustrating, all credit to the SE corner for lifting it IMO.

Flat performance = Flat atmosphere = Flat Performance.

We didn't set out on Thursday to slate the team though.

What happened during and after the first half was a reaction to an unusually bad performance which left everybody flat, maybe there was some trepidation because we've been playing so **** recently, but again the reaction of the crowd to that was entirely understandable for me, you go to a game up for it against a (minor) local rival and the team plays like that first half it's very frustrating, all credit to the SE corner for lifting it

IMO.

I understand mate. I'm not about to tell anyone how to support the team.

I just see that raising our performance helps the players. Last year v Leicester we were played off the park. We sang "Super Derby" for 15 mins and atleast left with some sense of satisfaction in the stands.

Booing I just think gets a negative atmosphere even for ourselves. We take nothing but frustration in the stands and I think the lingers around the place.

I understand the natural reaction though. Id just like to see our fans rise above the performance on the pitch. Chants like "attack, attack...." or "on the floor, on the floor, on the floor" would probably get a better reaction than boos.

I have to say, I couldn't clap Craig Bryson on Thursday. I was furious with the performance in midfield.

I have not been to PP in a while. For a good reason. Last match was Southampton under Jewell. I can't remember where I was sat. Players names were booed as they were called out and seemed to be nothing but disgruntled people all around. The whole atmosphere in PP was dreadful. I have no intention of going back. I find booing counter productive. Yes, at the end of the match let them know, boo your heart out, but during the game or even before.... I was shocked that players got booed before the match, did it help? None of this is helped by the continuing frustration built up over recent years.

As a little side rant, pre match booing annoys me as much as people at gigs who complain that one of the "hits" wasn't played. Be glad they even played, be glad they aren't just playing the hits to keep the wallets fresh. If you aren't happy fine. But don't yell it in my ear between every song.

Archived