A cheap shot

Dangerous

I have refrained from this post but because im bored and have had a drink il put it to the test.

If Gary Crosby,Stuart Pearce,Stan Collymore or any other fo**st player had took over at managing Derby and had done exactly the same as Nigel Clough would you be baying for the red dog to get the sack or as we have with Clough give him an easy ride?

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I couldn't give a flying f*ck that he played for forest.

I'd support anyone managing our club unless it looked like they were causing actual detriment to it. The only people I can think of whilst I've been watching who are in that bracket are Paul Jewell and John Gregory.

I'd support anyone managing our club unless it looked like they were causing actual detriment to it. The only people I can think of whilst I've been watching who are in that bracket are Paul Jewell and John Gregory.

Tommy Docherty ??

so you are under 15 years of age?

Well depends what you mean by 'support' or any words like that when someone favours a manager.

'Support' for a manager for a Derby fan usually means you sign up to a forum and post blindly optomistic and favourable posts in his name.

If you're 'against' a manager, it's pretty much the same, just the other way around.

I wish Derby fans that supported managers would actually show their support on a match day.

And I wish those that were against managers would get off their arse and protest. I can not believe no one seriously protested against Jewell, I would have been so up for it.

We're just a passive bunch of fans who pretend we're not on the internet.

Nigel Clough made a gradual, but clear improvement to Burton in his time there. I see definite signs of the same gradual improvement (whilst under constant pressure to chop the budget). Stage one is complete, stage two starts in the summer. Nigel has my full support.

To the point of the thread, the fact that they've played for Forest is irrelevant. If Stan Collymore was Derby manager, I'd question what reality I was in. This is only slightly more likely than Gary Speed or Whitney Houston. I'd be delighted to have Stuart Pearce as Derby manager (I wanted him to succeed Sven & Steve Mac for England).

Nigel Clough made a gradual, but clear improvement to Burton in his time there. I see definite signs of the same gradual improvement (whilst under constant pressure to chop the budget). Stage one is complete, stage two starts in the summer. Nigel has my full support.

To the point of the thread, the fact that they've played for Forest is irrelevant. If Stan Collymore was Derby manager, I'd question what reality I was in. This is only slightly more likely than Gary Speed or Whitney Houston. I'd be delighted to have Stuart Pearce as Derby manager (I wanted him to succeed Sven & Steve Mac for England).

What makes you think that? I've been hoping this for the past couple of summers now. The reality is that we've not been told the plan, and we've stopped being told too. The wage bill continues to be cut. And I'm pretty certain I recall Glick hinting that we haven't stopped yet.

It's still stage one.

Well depends what you mean by 'support' or any words like that when someone favours a manager.

'Support' for a manager for a Derby fan usually means you sign up to a forum and post blindly optomistic and favourable posts in his name.

If you're 'against' a manager, it's pretty much the same, just the other way around.

I wish Derby fans that supported managers would actually show their support on a match day.

And I wish those that were against managers would get off their arse and protest. I can not believe no one seriously protested against Jewell, I would have been so up for it.

We're just a passive bunch of fans who pretend we're not on the internet.

Really? I think support is usually shown by not booing the team and not questioning/criticising every single thing, whether right or wrong, that the manager does. It also means giving praise and criticism where it's due, rather than just criticising. That's the way I do it anyway.

My posts on Clough have been according to how I have felt. I've been furious with him, I've been delighted with him, I've had no opinion with him. Overall I'm glad he's manager of my team, because I like what is happening with the youth team, and I believe that is the right way to build for the future, and no other manager whilst I've been watching, even the best like Jim Smith, had this level of commitment to organic growth.

I also think that the task handed to Clough - to slash a wage bill, replace highly paid players with relatively lowly paid players, and sell some of our best players - is a job for someone who needs to prove himself. Why would an established manager who's done good things at this level manage a club with the above remit, when he could manage a club with a healthy budget to enhance a squad?

He baffles me sometimes - bringing Will Hughes on at Peterborough when we needed to hang on, playing four central midfielders, not looking for adequate cover in positions we're lacking, not making substitustions when it seems like the right thing to do. He's far from perfect and I'm not up his arse. But my manager at work does things that baffle me, doesn't mean I think he should be given the chop.

Really? I think support is usually shown by not booing the team and not questioning/criticising every single thing, whether right or wrong, that the manager does. It also means giving praise and criticism where it's due, rather than just criticising. That's the way I do it anyway.

My posts on Clough have been according to how I have felt. I've been furious with him, I've been delighted with him, I've had no opinion with him. Overall I'm glad he's manager of my team, because I like what is happening with the youth team, and I believe that is the right way to build for the future, and no other manager whilst I've been watching, even the best like Jim Smith, had this level of commitment to organic growth.

I also think that the task handed to Clough - to slash a wage bill, replace highly paid players with relatively lowly paid players, and sell some of our best players - is a job for someone who needs to prove himself. Why would an established manager who's done good things at this level manage a club with the above remit, when he could manage a club with a healthy budget to enhance a squad?

He baffles me sometimes - bringing Will Hughes on at Peterborough when we needed to hang on, playing four central midfielders, not looking for adequate cover in positions we're lacking, not making substitustions when it seems like the right thing to do. He's far from perfect and I'm not up his arse. But my manager at work does things that baffle me, doesn't mean I think he should be given the chop.

That wasn't a criticism of you. I was just saying 'support' for most Derby fans involves positivity on a forum, and little else. I'd love to see these people actually support him on match day, rather than stay silent. And I hope support extends beyond 'not booing'.

I also wish Clough's critics would do something about it. Those people that say 'I've had enough with Clough' - brilliant. Now what? Are you going to boo? Protest? Boycott? No, that usually means a fan has stopped being positive about him in the pub.

We're so passive and dull, our fans. Look at Blackburn. Now that's how you protest against a manager. And look at Liverpool with Luis Suarez. Right or wrong - that's how you show support.

Can't even remember the last banner I saw at PP.

That wasn't a criticism of you. I was just saying 'support' for most Derby fans involves positivity on a forum, and little else. I'd love to see these people actually support him on match day, rather than stay silent. And I hope support extends beyond 'not booing'.

I also wish Clough's critics would do something about it. Those people that say 'I've had enough with Clough' - brilliant. Now what? Are you going to boo? Protest? Boycott? No, that usually means a fan has stopped being positive about him in the pub.

We're so passive and dull, our fans. Look at Blackburn. Now that's how you protest against a manager. And look at Liverpool with Luis Suarez. Right or wrong - that's how you show support.

Can't even remember the last banner I saw at PP.

Sorry mate, it wasn't particularly a go at you either - just typing out loud.

I agree with what you say regarding the people who think Clough isn't the right man for the job - they should do something about it. I suspect, though, that frustration with results and performances gets to people when they get behind a keyboard. Same with the people who call the phone in - or the lack of people after we've won. People love a moan but they don't feel anywhere near as strongly as they make out on forums.

To be honest I think the first thing anyone needs to do is stop the booing. It's not solving anything. Cloughie has said the team on Thursday were 'nervous & edgy, especially in front of our home supporters'. It shouldn't be like that.

Sure fans are frustrated - but is booing really the way to show it - cos the next time we play at home, they will not be going out onto the pitch with much confidence will they?

Archived