A cheap shot

Dangerous

To be honest I think the first thing anyone needs to do is stop the booing. It's not solving anything. Cloughie has said the team on Thursday were 'nervous & edgy, especially in front of our home supporters'. It shouldn't be like that.

Sure fans are frustrated - but is booing really the way to show it - cos the next time we play at home, they will not be going out onto the pitch with much confidence will they?

I've never booed the team or even an individual player but I think a fan can boo to his team to show he not happy with how they performed.

We went all season till the last game in the premiership with out booing, it didn't change how the team played.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I do see what you mean and understand fans get proper ticked off. But the booing serves no purpose at all except to sap any confidence the team do have.

For me, if I felt that strongly, I'd either write to the club direct and put concerns in writing or vote with me feet and not go at all. It's been said in this thread already - if people are going to the match, go to support the team, not boo them off it.

I'll agree it's a 2 way street though, the team have to do their bit.

I understand the feeling of some fans to let the player know that what they just produced isn't good enough. We should be allowed to let them know, but it's hard when you hear booing.

The players walked off first half at Barnsley away right past the Derby following, some fans gave them some right verbals, no booing, but shouting. What's worse? We are entitled to our opinion as much as Clough will ******* them in the dressing room.

Some might say more entitled.

The most of Clough hate will never go into any real meaningful action. It's all hyperbole to sound like your a very opinionated person who is just smarter than everyone else on a internet fourum. This is some of the same crap we've dealt with on K-State fourums and those folks sure as hell backed up real fast when we took down two teams in a row that were ranked in the top 10.

I've also heard calls for us to fire our legendary football coach who came back to save us after we forced him out in 05' after two losing seasons. You sure as hell stopped hearing it when we were ranked in the top 10 for most of the last season, and finished out with 10 wins. It took Bill Snyder, a man who is so legendary he coaches in a stadium named after him in a town where the highway that enters the town is also named after him, 3 years to turn us around completely from the depths we sunk to under his original replacement. And whether Derby was in the PL or not a few years, the club sure as hell sounded like they had a ton more problems than we did when Bill Snyder came back out of retirement to take the reins again.

we bood them off against leicester at half time and they improved in the second half.Perhaps it would be a good idea to boo them as soon as they come on before kick off. 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/wink' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=';)' />

Won't be long, I suspect...

Nice to see that West Ham were booed off yesterday. Well, they are only second so I guess they deserve it 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/rolleyes' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':rolleyes:' />

The most of Clough hate will never go into any real meaningful action. It's all hyperbole to sound like your a very opinionated person who is just smarter than everyone else on a internet fourum. This is some of the same crap we've dealt with on K-State fourums and those folks sure as hell backed up real fast when we took down two teams in a row that were ranked in the top 10.

I've also heard calls for us to fire our legendary football coach who came back to save us after we forced him out in 05' after two losing seasons. You sure as hell stopped hearing it when we were ranked in the top 10 for most of the last season, and finished out with 10 wins. It took Bill Snyder, a man who is so legendary he coaches in a stadium named after him in a town where the highway that enters the town is also named after him, 3 years to turn us around completely from the depths we sunk to under his original replacement. And whether Derby was in the PL or not a few years, the club sure as hell sounded like they had a ton more problems than we did when Bill Snyder came back out of retirement to take the reins again.

a forum is about opinion.im not trying to state that im smarter.I dont really care what people think of me.I care about the club and am sure it is being badly managed.I pay for a season ticket every season so I can say what i think.It is called freedom of speech.Im not sure if you have that in america.

I also have no idea who bill snyder is so to compare him to clough is pointless really.Im sure my glick knows who my snyder is,you never know we might end up with him at Derby.He could be our next director of football.

They went out on the pitch on Thursday devoid of all confidence, of course the crowd are going to react when they see their team outplayed in every department, devoid of any ideas, and lacking the basic skills to play football.

I'd say it was the other way round, it was only when the crowd started to lift them after half time that they actually started to compete.

I have already paid my money. I'll boo if I want. They arn't exactly going to refund the cost of the season ticket if I stay away are they?

I'm sorry Deano but with respect I can't agree with that.

Booing the team will only have a negative effect on the team's overall performance and at the minute the team can do without it. Isn't it the role of us - the supporters - to actually 'support' the team?

I'm sorry Deano but with respect I can't agree with that.

Booing the team will only have a negative effect on the team's overall performance and at the minute the team can do without it. Isn't it the role of us - the supporters - to actually 'support' the team?

Well Mrs Sports psychologist, there are many ways to support a team. Cheering like a moron when the team is playing like crap is not a good one. If anyhting it might make them think that their current effort levels are adequate, which would be a total disaster.

You need to know you are doing something wrong before you can fix it.

It is not a childrens team (Mason excluded) no matter how much they play like it.

Well Mrs Sports psychologist, there are many ways to support a team. Cheering like a moron when the team is playing like crap is not a good one. If anyhting it might make them think that their current effort levels are adequate, which would be a total disaster.

Thanks for that insight, Mr Sports psychologist.

I'm no sports psychologist Deano - but cheering in an effort to pick up the team - like now when we're going through a bad spell - can only be a good thing can't it?

And if our team is getting boo'd and it's having a bad effect, it's probably having the exact opposite effect on the other team wouldn't you say?

I'm no sports psychologist Deano - but cheering in an effort to pick up the team - like now when we're going through a bad spell - can only be a good thing can't it?

And if our team is getting boo'd and it's having a bad effect, it's probably having the exact opposite effect on the other team wouldn't you say?

Did our performance improve or decline following the half time booing against leicester?

Archived