Tonights game

networker1884

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am worried where we'll finish the season. Safe enough from danger (the 3 at the bottom are already cut adrift, plus Portsmouth presumably will be down there) but our fixture congestion in March/April will make it difficult. Knowing our injury luck, I bet Barker or Shackell pick up an injury early March for 3 or 4 weeks.

In an ideal world, I'd like to see us play attractive, free--flowing football and win more games than we lose - in reality, it's normally a case of entertaining football but not too much success (as we got with Burley), or drab football with the chance of a number of dull victories (as with the dwarf).

Last night we had neither - it was dull and unattractive - this is not acceptable - you can't blame the opposition as Reading had come along to play football and give us a game, but we just didn't look interested (or capable) for long periods of the game. Sorry Tom/Nigel, but if you want us to renew, you've got to show us something better than last night....

I'm new here thought I would say my piece. The urge was to start a new thread, but it will suffice here I suppose...

I want to see my team win on a regular basis. I care not for the balance of the books. I don't give a stuff about how much money a player gets per week. I want to see a dude in a black and white shirt smash one in the top corner and the away fans leave the stadium in tears.

I want to see international players play at Pride Park. Stefano Eranio. Paulo Wanchope. Igor Stimac. Those guys did not balance the books. They were here to win games, and dammit they did that. With style.

I'm not trying to belittle the current playing staff. They do the best the can, they really do. But they have their limits. Those limits are not good enough for me.

I want wins. I want a tie at Wembley and a shiny trophy. I want to read forums talking about if we should sign another Croation international or that guy who will be the next Georgi Kinkladze. Not an Accrington player or a Salisbury player. I want people to be talking about how great we was last night, not discussing how great the latest accountancy spreadsheet looks.

Too long, didn't read? I'm sick of us being so crappy. Style over solvency any day of the week for me. Sort if out Glick and co.

I'm new here thought I would say my piece. The urge was to start a new thread, but it will suffice here I suppose...

I want to see my team win on a regular basis. I care not for the balance of the books. I don't give a stuff about how much money a player gets per week. I want to see a dude in a black and white shirt smash one in the top corner and the away fans leave the stadium in tears.

I want to see international players play at Pride Park. Stefano Eranio. Paulo Wanchope. Igor Stimac. Those guys did not balance the books. They were here to win games, and dammit they did that. With style.

I'm not trying to belittle the current playing staff. They do the best the can, they really do. But they have their limits. Those limits are not good enough for me.

I want wins. I want a tie at Wembley and a shiny trophy. I want to read forums talking about if we should sign another Croation international or that guy who will be the next Georgi Kinkladze. Not an Accrington player or a Salisbury player. I want people to be talking about how great we was last night, not discussing how great the latest accountancy spreadsheet looks.

Too long, didn't read? I'm sick of us being so crappy. Style over solvency any day of the week for me. Sort if out Glick and co.

Would be nice fella but sadly this isn't utopia... 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />

Archived