Tonights game

networker1884

I'm new here thought I would say my piece. The urge was to start a new thread, but it will suffice here I suppose...

I want to see my team win on a regular basis. I care not for the balance of the books. I don't give a stuff about how much money a player gets per week. I want to see a dude in a black and white shirt smash one in the top corner and the away fans leave the stadium in tears.

I want to see international players play at Pride Park. Stefano Eranio. Paulo Wanchope. Igor Stimac. Those guys did not balance the books. They were here to win games, and dammit they did that. With style.

I'm not trying to belittle the current playing staff. They do the best the can, they really do. But they have their limits. Those limits are not good enough for me.

I want wins. I want a tie at Wembley and a shiny trophy. I want to read forums talking about if we should sign another Croation international or that guy who will be the next Georgi Kinkladze. Not an Accrington player or a Salisbury player. I want people to be talking about how great we was last night, not discussing how great the latest accountancy spreadsheet looks.

Too long, didn't read? I'm sick of us being so crappy. Style over solvency any day of the week for me. Sort if out Glick and co.

I think we all want that tbh. I want to see Derby being one of the most famous teams in the league.. But we wont have it..

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think we all want that tbh. I want to see Derby being one of the most famous teams in the league.. But we wont have it..

I don't think we all do. There are too many people seemingly happy with a 0-1 with Reading. Content that we are merely not out of business and thinking that any more decent signings will put us out of a club.

These people probably held up banners saying "The end is nigh" when Barker signed.

Sad though it is I really don't see any clubs in League 1, Championship or the Prem going out of business regardless of how irresponsibly ran they are- there will always be someone to bail them out and take a league place up that a properly ran club further down the league should rightly have a chance of taking.

I think now we are a very well run club... while other clubs are carrying on regardless - and getting away with it... why is portsmouth still there?

I will not be satisfied with being an 'established premier league club' (stoke keeps getting mentioned as a role model) - I want to see Derby 'at the top of the tree' (to quote the late Peter taylor).

This post is going nowhere... I dont really know what it is im trying to say.

I wouldn't mind seeing Derby trying to win a game once in a while instead of trying not to lose. I'd like it if they woke up BEFORE going 1-0 down or near enough. I'd like to Frank Fielding stop aiming goalkicks at 3ft tall Jamie Ward. Although when he does aim for Callum Ball our entire midfield runs and hides except Carroll.

If Tyson and Robinson ever play upfront together again while Savies plays LM i'll shoot myself. They couldn't make the ball stick if it was made entirely from PVA.

I've been to some ***** games, i've seen us hammered more times than i can remember. But that was horrific. Watching a load of idle overpaid timid excuses allow a game to pass them by entirely.

Games like these annoy me more than the PL season. Every time it's Reading and Hull and Ipswich and Barnsley and Burnley and Bristol and Buildbase FC that Derby seem to think they can beat in 2nd gear. Wake up and try and earn some of that money you get. Should be wearing black and white stripes and a mask when the get their wage slip. I hate games like that because we don't lose them because we're not good enough, we lose them because we all go to sleep and play with half a brain.

And i'm getting fed up of Nigel Clough, the kids doing the names, the music and the words "clean sheet"...... it's actuall possible to get relelgated without conceeding a single goal all season.

"ST renewals are available now at a fair price"...... yeah, I got to work and actually have to do something to get my money.

Archived