GAME OFF

col70

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why are people blaming DCFC and saying they should re-imburse fans? The decision was made by the police.

I had tickets for Switzerland v England as well as hotel and train tickets, didn't even get out of the country because of air traffic control strikes and the FA didn't give a ****.

I know it's nice for DCFC to show gestures of goodwill but at the end of the day there are 20something thousand who have been put out by todays game being cancelled.

Why are people blaming DCFC and saying they should re-imburse fans? The decision was made by the police.

I had tickets for Switzerland v England as well as hotel and train tickets, didn't even get out of the country because of air traffic control strikes and the FA didn't give a ****.

I know it's nice for DCFC to show gestures of goodwill but at the end of the day there are 20something thousand who have been put out by todays game being cancelled.

I got there!! Met muespech there too!!

U are lucky, is such a expensive place!!

I got there!! Met muespech there too!!

U are lucky, is such a expensive place!!

Had been saving for a while! We were going to spend 4 days there so had a few internal flights booked as well. Was gutted when we were kicked off the plane at Manchester, we booked flights from East Midlands the following day only for them to be delayed too so we would not have got there in time for the match!

Thanks so much everyone. Still feeling numb about it all, for me its ok, but for the other lads, they simply cant belive it! Heading off home on the next hour or so, back to -23 and weeks of snow, and our next game( tomorrow) with no danger at all of it being called off!

How did the United game get played and ours not, i know most united fans are from london, but forest had 20 miles to come!! C'est une catastrophe! As i hear every 2 minutes!

Thanks so much everyone. Still feeling numb about it all, for me its ok, but for the other lads, they simply cant belive it! Heading off home on the next hour or so, back to -23 and weeks of snow, and our next game( tomorrow) with no danger at all of it being called off!

How did the United game get played and ours not, i know most united fans are from london, but forest had 20 miles to come!! C'est une catastrophe! As i hear every 2 minutes!

Did or have you contacted the club? They may be able to do something special if you can make the rearranged game?

TG in the DT said that fans had called that morning saying that they could not get their cars off the dives...

http://www.thisisderbyshire.co.uk/Fans-safety-priority-says-chief-executive/story-15146468-detail/story.html

I suppose if their had been a pile up due to the match then that would be worse for all?? Also about 9am a north bound lorry jack knifed on the M1 closing it, around junction 20 or 22

TG in the DT said that fans had called that morning saying that they could not get their cars off the dives...

[url=http://www.thisisderbyshire.co.uk/Fans-safety-priority-says-chief-executive/story-15146468-detail/story.html]http://www.thisisder...tail/story.html

I suppose if their had been a pile up due to the match then that would be worse for all?? Also about 9am a north bound lorry jack knifed on the M1 closing it, around junction 20 or 22

I've listened to all the arguments,and it's a situation in which you can see where everyone's coming from.I've no particular axe to grind with the club over this,but feel they should have restricted their arguments purely to safety issues.Whilst it would be true to say that some fans wouldn't have been able to get to the game,this will also be true for the rearranged game,particularly if it's midweek (as appears likely).We won't know how many wouldn't have made Sunday,but we will know how many don't make it to the rearranged one.

Just had a call from a friend who listened to the talk in, wanted to say thanks to the guys saying the club should pay for us to come to the rearranged date, sometimes people can be so kind.

i listened to ya mate, really hope the club do either pay for the trip you just made or pay for the re arranged game.

Makes you wonder why we bother having the undersoil heating on and clearing the snow from within the ground because the police/health & safety brigade will have the match called off if someone drops a banana skin outside the ground. I exaggerate of course (I've been told a million times about exaggerating) but as long as there was any chance of snow around the ground then the match was going to be off. They could have called it off the evening before. Bet it wouldn't have been called off if we were in the Premier League and the paymasters Sky were televising it

Archived