Forest owner Doughty Found dead

rip Nigel Doughty

Said on Bbc sport he bought them for 11mil in 99 and pumped 100 mill in since the I was quiete shocked at that 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />

Yes amazing to think in many ways. Don't want to kick then when theyre down especially at this time but if £100million has been spent on Forest it really doesnt show does it? And amazing to think that Forest fans still criticised Doughty. reminds me of pickering in a way but at least Pickering did get us into the Premier League and build a new stadium.

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think before ko, yes it has to an extent Mo55y - but if the game gets the go ahead, it should shape up to be a great match. Our squad will be up for it and I daresay forest feels the same, they may feel like they have something to prove. It's up to us lot to still be vocal and get behind the lads though.

That's if it gets the go ahead at all.

He didn't put 100 million into the club. I was watching sky sports when that came on, stupid figure for them to throw out.

However whatever amount, it was alot. I hope the game goes ahead tommorrow so we can pay our respects, I imagine Derby will do the same. Had alot of good messages from opposition supporters, including your lot.

R.I.P Doughty, it's a shame he didn't live long enough to hear the respect he deserved from the forest fans. All he got was vile abuse, I hope the fans who abused him at forest take a good long look at themselves now. Anyone who chants about this tomorrow shouldn't be made welcome at a football match again.

had the game not been moved, and played today, he would have been at the game and it might not have turned out like this.

I don't think he's been attending recent games because of the abuse he's been getting. Sad really, not blaming Forest fans though, they get frustrated by the way football is like everybody else.

God, what a shock - just heard about it.

Funny how Nigel mentioned him in his interview, printed in The Sun today.

RIP to someone who loved football just as much as we do.

If I had as much money as he had, would I invest in Derby, like he did Forest????????

I'd like to think so.

Terrible, terrible news.

Heard this in the pub earlier, and sent a shiver through me.

Couldn't believe it.

I will be standing in front of the tv tomorrow, and whatever everyone does i will do the same.

If they stand for a minutes silence, i will observe that.

If it's a minute's applause, then i will do that as well.

I just hope everyone else respects it as welll.

RIP Nigel Doughty

I'd consider making a gift to the club but I wouldn't be directly involved, poisoned chalice for the most part. Even Pickering had to deal with some unappreciative w***kers towards the end of his tenure after pouring in almost all of his personal fortune.

I'd consider making a gift to the club but I wouldn't be directly involved, poisoned chalice for the most part. Even Pickering had to deal with some unappreciative w***kers towards the end of his tenure after pouring in almost all of his personal fortune.

I think everyone has to appreciate Pickering for what he did in the 1990s but then again he did outstay his welcome; he should have sold up to Gadsby and then we wouldnt have had the 3 amigos.

Archived