John Terry Stripped of England Captaincy

Day

Doubt he'll retire from internationals just yet, I imagine some of his income from promotional work and sponsorship deals is increased due to his selection for the England squad. Terry doesn't strike me as the kind of person who would voluntarily reduce his already excessive income in a fit of pique of being stripped of a captaincy he should have stood down from if he had any sense of honour - irrespective of whether he's guilty or not.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

good decision, if any professional in the public sector was accused of racism they would be suspended pending a full enquiry and even possibly a trial. I am sure Terry has support as would many workers from their employers but the F.A has to be seen to taking some action on this issue.

Just my tuppence wo'th.

It's the right decision to strip Terry of his captaincy, he should never have got it back in the first place. However, the situation is all wrong.

This particular punishment is for calling somebody a blind *unt, which I feel is sending out worse signals than leaving him with the captaincy.

I hope Anton Ferdinand is enjoying his time in the limelight anyway, not that I like John Terry, he's a bast*rd, but Anton should be looked into as much as John Terry.

Yet another trial by media.(Follow sheep follow).By the way..Rio Ferdinand was given his England captancy back after a 6 month ban for being found guilty of taking drugs!So please Rio no more tweets about morals..thanks

iirc ferdinand failed to attend a drugs test - not found guilty of taking drugs.

iirc terry has been accused of being racist - not just calling someone a cnut.

iirc ferdinand failed to attend a drugs test - not found guilty of taking drugs.

iirc terry has been accused of being racist - not just calling someone a cnut.

Ferdinand left utd's training ground when he was asked to take a drugs test??? Then was banned for 6 months because the FA didn't believe him along with a number of other people. Hmmmmm.......

Lampard, Gerrard, Ferdinand, Rooney, Cole all have dirty laundry.

Spoiled for choice. If I was Capello I'd pick Ambrosini or someone as captain... Italy job isn't such a bloody curse for him. Or Sven. Or Keegan. Or Hoddle. Or....

Italy simply picks the captain on how has the most caps, so for England that would be Ashley Cole

Bloody hell.

Still, a better choice than most of em. His switch from arsenal to Chelsea was a bit classless but all the skirt chasing stories.... If you was a young lad with loads of cash and women throwing themselves at you then I doubt many of us would rush to settle down.

Makes me laugh how some people dislike Cole for the way he cheated on Cheryl Cole. Who gives a ****?? She might be the nations darling now but a few years ago she was "racist"

Omg he cheated on Cheryl!! Lol

If I had his money I'd be urinating on Jordan right now.

Bloody hell.

Still, a better choice than most of em. His switch from arsenal to Chelsea was a bit classless but all the skirt chasing stories.... If you was a young lad with loads of cash and women throwing themselves at you then I doubt many of us would rush to settle down.

Makes me laugh how some people dislike Cole for the way he cheated on Cheryl Cole. Who gives a ****?? She might be the nations darling now but a few years ago she was "racist"

Omg he cheated on Cheryl!! Lol

If I had his money I'd be urinating on Jordan right now.

Disgusting. Would that be before or after a soapy titwank?

Just my tuppence wo'th.

It's the right decision to strip Terry of his captaincy, he should never have got it back in the first place. However, the situation is all wrong.

This particular punishment is for calling somebody a blind *unt, which I feel is sending out worse signals than leaving him with the captaincy.

I hope Anton Ferdinand is enjoying his time in the limelight anyway, not that I like John Terry, he's a bast*rd, but Anton should be looked into as much as John Terry.

Erm...no it isn't?

I doubt the CPS would seriously throw a racism charge at him (going to court based on a likely chance of a successful prosecution) if they genuinely believed he said "blind" as opposed to "black"

I do, John Terry was the perfect candidate. No love lost, serious issue, make a meal of it.

lol, wouldn't go that far but, all you have to do is watch the video.

[url=http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/video/2011/oct/24/john-terry-anton-ferdinand-video]http://www.guardian....ferdinand-video

"You facking blind cant".

I think John Terry is an ********. Anton Ferdinand admitted he didn't think he said anything racial at the time, but leaves the stadium and there's a racial abuse charge pending. Somebodys wound him up.

Archived