Drinking before the Forest match?

AndyB

Thomas Leaper (Wetherspoons) is open at 8am so I guess the Standing Order next door will be then or even earlier. Usually have a last one in DW Sports (JJB) outside the ground but the bar staff told us on Saturday that it is not open before the game on Sunday.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

But off topic but I love the Howard in sheffield, nice welcoming boozer,

Had a run in with couple of blokes claiming to be in the bbc after we beat Sheffield united last season, all we did was walk out the pub n they followed us.... Mistake!!

But always enjoyed it and have to have a jaegarbomb in ther on 3

I never had Huw Edwards and George Alagiah down as being Sheffield United fans. 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/ph34r' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':ph34r:' />

At the Coventry game I think I saw signs up in the Neptune and Alex that they were open at 10.

I would like to know whats available as I have booked into a hotel on the Saturday night as no sunday morning trains to derby.

Waterfall is 9am, brunswick, alex, merry widows, and the vic 10am, if Boycie's telling the truth

PUBS will be open early for Derby County's clash with Nottingham Forest on Sunday – but police are confident the day will pass off without major incident.

Superintendent Gary Parkin said he believed officers would quash any flash points between rival supporters before they developed.

Sunday's game against the two teams was originally brought forward to 1pm on police advice but now kicks off at 12.15pm as it is being shown live on the television.

This has led to a number of pubs in the city deciding to open earlier than normal.

But Mr Parkin said a heavy police presence, coupled with high-level police intelligence, left him happy that there would be little disorder in the city.

He said: "It is well documented that alcohol is the main cause of disorder and violence that can sometimes be associated with football.

"The match between the two clubs is the highest category in terms of potential problems between rival supporters.

"But we have spoken with licensees and have a large number of officers on duty for the match.

"I'm happy we have the measures in place to keep disruption to a minimum."

The Rams' bitter rivals will be out for revenge on the pitch after Derby beat Forest 2-1 earlier this season in Nottingham.

Steve Kirk, the landlord of The Neptune in The Spot, will open his pub at 7am. He said: "My licensing hours allow me to open at 7am and I usually do as I have night-shift workers come in at that time after they have finished work.

"I don't think a large amount of football fans will come in at that time anyway and I certainly don't imagine any Forest fans will be coming here. Away fans usually don't on match day."

Ralf Edge runs the Alexandra, in Station Approach, and plans to open the pub an hour early at 10am.

He said: "I don't anticipate there being any problems and in actual fact there is less drinking time for people who come to this pub compared to a normal 3pm kick off."

Mr Parkin said officers would be deployed around Derby and in Ripley, Ilkeston and Long Eaton, where supporters of both teams live.

He said: "Derby matches across the UK have an extra edge and the Rams' match against Forest is no different. If all we get between the rival supporters is banter then I think we will all be very happy."

Archived