Are we the most boring team going?

Anag Ram

No ins, no outs, no Balotellis (or anyone you would

say is a 'character'), a safe and humourless manager, quiet fans, honest hard-working players with no great flair, mid table...... need I go on?

Great isn't it? No relegation worries, lots of fans, no scandal, no worries of going out of business, no selling of star players.

Let's hear it for boring!

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No ins, no outs, no Balotellis (or anyone you would

say is a 'character'), a safe and humourless manager, quiet fans, honest hard-working players with no great flair, mid table...... need I go on?

Great isn't it? No relegation worries, lots of fans, no scandal, no worries of going out of business, no selling of star players.

Let's hear it for boring!

Erm...did you go to forest away?

F***ing hell!!!!

Am I right in what I am reading?? Fans moaning cos we have no scandal? No ballatelli style players?? Boring quiet fans, no relegation worries!!!

We had fan protests a year ago, ( ok not the best) we have recently been fined because of the ON-FIELD behaviour against our local rivals, we also took the piss by flying a plane over our rivals putting salt in there wounds,

We had a player on twitter giving cryptic messages out!!

We had a manager in the dock for kneeing a opposition manager during a scuffle, we had a player arrested for apparently assaulting a woman outside a club!!!

Well if we are boring god help Coventry!!

This must be the most stupidist idiotic post I've ever read on this forum!!!

Wow

Coventry weren't too bad when they Gary McAlister as manager back in 2002 I think it was.. I remember them thrashing us 3-0 and finishing around 8th in the League, a few points off the playoffs..

Other than that season though they've been boring.. A few good wins like beating Man Utd 2-0 away in the League cup, plus the two spankings we got off them (6-2 and 6-1).. But yeh, pretty souless club.

I hope we don't turn out like them, but it is something I fear that could happen to us.. A few other teams too, I see the likes of Watford and Brighton here in the NPC for many years too.

I think we have character in our squad, Jamie Ward springs to mind. As for lack of transfers I can't say that I am bothered, if we were fighting for survival I would want new faces but if not there is no point potentially disrupting the squad when we are going well. Wouldn't mind an LB coming in on loan to provide cover or a replacement lined up for Green but not expecting ( or wanting) wholesale changes.

Robinson's a bit of a lad ain't he? I'm not one for all the hero worship and what not, but he's bloody entertaining, which is what football's about isn't it? Our squad does have SOME personalities - you just have to look for them I think.

Clough is boring agreed, but he does have his moments - the "assualt" on Billy big b*llocks, the "go back to Poland or Wigan or wherever he came from" outburst...

Our fans are as quiet as everyone elses bar probably Leeds and errm, Leeds (but then Yorkshireites have always loved the sound of their own voices). Still some characters in the stands and some class one liners to be heard every so often. Plus every now and then there's a good atmosphere from us (Birmingham, Leeds and West Ham at home this year so far were great, with Forest and Leicester to come - Peterborough, Forest and Blackpool away were all quality noise wise also and better than anything 90% of teams in this division could come up with). Not as good as I want it to be, but OK all things considered.

As one of the most miserable and pessimistic about Derby County and football in general, I can still see some postives in our club and some things which make me smile, so I guess you just need to look a bit harder.

1. No ins... well thats good as we have a very good squad who work together on sensable wages and we are moving forward to 1 top 6 finish not ruling out a top 2 place. The last thing we need is a Ravaneli / Savage or Commons character upsetting the quo.

2. No outs?.... I think that there has been - all of which we needed to off-load.

3. A safe and humourless manager, yeh, he is a bit deadpan but his upbringing must have been a bit odd at times. His 'plan' is working which I never doubted, he loves Derby and is loyal. One day I hope there is a statue of him next to his Dad and Peter Taylor.

4. No relegation worries... But we do have promotion hopes.

I know what you mean though, supporting Derby is a bit of a rollercoaster ride with big highs and lows.

Archived