Greeny Going?

Jayram

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Decent option to have a shame if he goes. He's not a right midfielder but has done a decent job against Leeds and West Ham. That area should be a priority if he goes as the likes of Davies and Cywka are not good enough imo.

Agree with that I think we are not far away from having a promotion challenging squad. Better cover at the back, a Gary Micklewhite style up and down Right-Midfielder and above all a Central-Midfielder with intelligence and quality on the ball. I read Howson is going to be out of contract at Leeds, that type of player. I see Bailey and Bryson as squad players if you are aiming for top end of the table. Hendrick with more experience may offer a bit more. That's if we keep all the ones we as fans want to.

Of course we'll bring someone in to replace him and provide competition. Green is a hangover from the parachute payments, and not someone we can afford. Can't see him moving to the Premier league, he'll end up at a club like Coventry or Palace.

That has to be the last likely place he'll end up at, Coventry have even less money than Forest and are heading for the exit, no chairman, directors arriving and leaving in double-quick time, no leadership at the club on either the footballing or the business side, looking dead certs for relegation, you have to feel a bit sorry for Andy Thorn.

I'd have thought there'd be a number of Championship clubs who could benefit from his services, depending on what his wage demands are. Greenie is a decent enough player, but I can't see that any Premier League club with ambition would be looking at him. Even if he can provide cover at RB.....

I personally like Greeny, he is a subtle player who seems to not do a lot at times but does a hell of lot more than you think.

Lets see came to us in the wake of relegation by Jewell at a stage where Jewell was signing anything and everything going. Greeny came here from newly promoted Doncaster but at the time we were offering silly money for free signings has everyone expected Jewell to do decidely better and get us pushing for a return to the premiership at first or second attempt as many of other teams do. Parachute payments covered these costs.

Green had to play alongside Savage, cover RB when injuries, RW due to shortage of options. He has battleds since he has been here through reconstruction of the squad, relegation battles instead of top end battles. He has always given 100%.

I would like him to stop but wish him luck and my blessing if leaves for a fresh challenge.

A coincidence that since his return to the starting line up, our form has drastically changed for the better? Perhaps, he is a decent player at this level who can do a decent job in centre mid, right wing and right back yet i'd rather see us recieve some cash for him if he wants to leave in the summer.

Not a big fan of Green to be honest, as I said before he scored the winner the other day (doh). He is a bit too lightweight- those who think he would cut it in a lower prem side are wearing the rose tinteds again. Bryson was head and shoulders (and a lot of neck) above him against the hammers. Fair enough Green scored the goal but I though Bryson had his best game for us. If Greenie wants to go then let him, I don't think we'll miss him, we coped early season without him. With the injuries clearing up (touch wood) we seem to be much stronger and if Addison is coming back fit we can shuffle about and won't even notice Green has gone. If he thinks he is worth more or he is too good for us then f*ck him, especially after we looked after him when injured.

Not a big fan of Green to be honest, as I said before he scored the winner the other day (doh). He is a bit too lightweight- those who think he would cut it in a lower prem side are wearing the rose tinteds again. Bryson was head and shoulders (and a lot of neck) above him against the hammers. Fair enough Green scored the goal but I though Bryson had his best game for us. If Greenie wants to go then let him, I don't think we'll miss him, we coped early season without him. With the injuries clearing up (touch wood) we seem to be much stronger and if Addison is coming back fit we can shuffle about and won't even notice Green has gone. If he thinks he is worth more or he is too good for us then f*ck him, especially after we looked after him when injured.

He got a horrendous injury playing for the club and it is in the clubs as well as the players interest to offer the best rehab possible. It is testament to the character of the lad that he looks so strong,as it is a major physical and mental challenge to come back so well from such an injury.

As a player it is pretty clear he has been offered a pay cut so it is not likely he thinks he is too good for us, most players when offered a pay cut will go on principle, Kilkenny left Leeds to go to Bristol City on this basis. As a player he is now a good squad player and that is in my view his ability, not as a regular guaranteed starter, as the manager seems to like Bryson a lot.

Finances definately dictate this one.

If we had a bottomless premiership momney pit, we'sd keep him.

As it stands he's one of the highest earners having already been signed under a previous regime (ie pre clough)

The wages we save on him might able us to bring 2 players in, and lets face it Central midfield is probably the area we have the strongest depth.

He wants to stay - its in the back page of the DET.

Says he is enjoying his football and family settled.

Wants to sort it this month and says if the club offer him something he will consider it.

Guess he ududbt accept the earlier offer to see how his form was when he returned

PAUL Green says he wants to stay at Derby County – and hopes his future can be sorted out this month.

The midfielder recently returned to action following seven months out with a serious knee injury and has started the last eight matches.

[url=http://www.thisisderbyshire.co.uk/story-14323308-detail/story.html?]http://www.thisisder...ail/story.html?

Im waiting for :-

If he stays, what a good player, full international that may be playing at the euros, can play at RB, CM, an RM, chips in with the odd goal and always has plenty of assists.

If he goes, money grabbing, rubbish player, stats mean nothing, always leaves clubs on a free, playing for a tin pot country, poor touch.

Archived