Greeny Going?

Jayram

By the sound of the interview with Clough its odds-on that Green is going to go if the right offer comes in. After his performance today it seems ridiculous that we could lose him the way we did Commons. Obviously nobody knows what contract has been offered and what Green wants but I don't think we have many better midfielders at the club than him so should the club push the boat out to keep him?

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

By the sound of the interview with Clough its odds-on that Green is going to go if the right offer comes in. After his performance today it seems ridiculous that we could lose him the way we did Commons. Obviously nobody knows what contract has been offered and what Green wants but I don't think we have many better midfielders at the club than him so should the club push the boat out to keep him?

In a word....No.

With his recent injury record we would be mad to offer him more than he is already on.

Thanks and goodbye I think.

tricky one this. would like to think we'd keep him to create competition for places and give us some depth, but if he does go, then all the best to him, been one of our better players in recent years

Of course we'll bring someone in to replace him and provide competition. Green is a hangover from the parachute payments, and not someone we can afford. Can't see him moving to the Premier league, he'll end up at a club like Coventry or Palace.

Of course we'll bring someone in to replace him and provide competition. Green is a hangover from the parachute payments, and not someone we can afford. Can't see him moving to the Premier league, he'll end up at a club like Coventry or Palace.

agreed, but based on todays performance and previos performances, and the fact he plays international (ireland does count right?) surely it'd be easier to keep him rather than get rid then spend on a new player + wages?

agreed, but based on todays performance and previos performances, and the fact he plays international (ireland does count right?) surely it'd be easier to keep him rather than get rid then spend on a new player + wages?

Not if the new player is on less money. The Bryson quote from Nigel was quite telling, Green will be at the top end of the wages scale and overall he has not really been worth it. A good squad player to have but not really any longer a main player.

Clough said he would like to keep him but the budget will not allow this to happen, we will end up selling him for peanuts and bringing in a poor version as a replacement, if he is as poor as some say, how come he has come back from such a bad injury and been in the team for every game since.

Green will go if he gets offered a good contract. Its probably not worth us breaking the bank for him.

Good pro and a great goal today.

Not a big issue for me as I trust Clough's judgement on these dilemma's.

Hulse and Commons careers have not improved since leaving Derby for more money... 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/wink' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=';)' />

I'd let him go, whilst indeed a solid NPC player, his age and fitness levels suggest he's at the peak of his career now, and I can't see him improving his game further and improving us as a team to an extent that we'd be playoff hopefuls.. Letting him go now would be the best option IMO.

I can't see us making the playoffs this season nor will we be near the bottom end either, in fact I can safely say there is no way that we'll go down given how bad the bottom 3 are, I don't see many incomings in January and I think letting Green go now and getting him off the wage bill + a small fee perhaps could be money put towards the summer and next season.

With the inevitable departures of Leacock, Pearson, Bywater and Green plus our safe midtable position I can see Nigel Clough using the second of the season to look at possible recruits for the Summer.. I think he'll start planning very early

From the tone of the interview I think it is pretty clear the offer is considerably less than the current deal.

From the tone of the interview it is pretty clear that the offer is considerably less than Green wants. The rest is again speculation but why let that get in the way of a good GSE bash?

You may well be right though.

For me Green has dissapointed more often than not but only my opinion.

This is a good stick to beat them with though.

From the tone of the interview it is pretty clear that the offer is considerably less than Green wants. The rest is again speculation but why let that get in the way of a good GSE bash?

You may well be right though.

For me Green has dissapointed more often than not but only my opinion.

This is a good stick to beat them with though.

I don't see how any of this is a bash at anyone. It is pretty clear Green is at the top end of the pay scale at Derby, he may even be the highest paid player now, judging by when he was bought and the outrageous wage-bill we had.

It is surely the sensible thing with us still over-spending on wages (Glick said so today) to offer him a reduced deal. Green or his agent may feel they can get more elsewhere or they won't take a pay cut on principle.

My view he gives everything but lacks that real quality on the ball, fair play for his recovery from a horrible injury.

Archived