We seem to have a better squad now

Curtains

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We have every chance of beating Ipswich on Saturday. If we play heroically against Leeds and West Haaam, by doing what we're good at and stepping it up against teams we don't like, then there is no reason why we cant go on a run in January.

We've got a good team on paper, it's just getting 'em on the pitch!

We need to change the marking mentality of the team!! Start marking men instead of zonal marking cos a little bit of movement from the opposition and we r screwed!!

When we were on our winning streak we never let teams have hold of the ball and chased down every ball if we lost the first challenge we would be up for the 2nd/3rd ball!! That also seems to have disappeared, we allow teams to come to pride park and keep the ball like they are the home team, knock it about as they like, create chance after chance!!

We need to get the closing down mentality back!! Win the ball back... Answer me this!! When was the last time we saw a real hard crunching tackle? The Julian ***** style tackle?? I cant remember it!!

We need to change the marking mentality of the team!! Start marking men instead of zonal marking cos a little bit of movement from the opposition and we r screwed!!

When we were on our winning streak we never let teams have hold of the ball and chased down every ball if we lost the first challenge we would be up for the 2nd/3rd ball!! That also seems to have disappeared, we allow teams to come to pride park and keep the ball like they are the home team, knock it about as they like, create chance after chance!!

We need to get the closing down mentality back!! Win the ball back... Answer me this!! When was the last time we saw a real hard crunching tackle? The Julian ***** style tackle?? I cant remember it!!

When the missus tried to take the last can of Guinness out of our fridge.

We have the best young squad in the division IMO, you could play...

Fielding - 23

Naylor - 20

Addison - 22

O'Brien - 19

Brayford - 23

Cwyka - 23

Bailey - 23

Hendrick - 19

Maguire - 22

Steve Davies - 23

Theo Robinson - 22

That leaves legzdins, bennett, ball, doyle and hughes on the bench. however I think we need some experience in our side, and some impact players. If McGugan IS available for 1.5million I would go and get him as soon as, a centre midfielder that will score goals and that would solve many of our problems!

I don't think a Julian ***** style tackle will be the answer to our problems.

Our squad lacks vision, they don't seem to be able to pick out a pass. We can't string 4 passes together at the moment. Only Jamie Ward has the determination to make something out of nothing, as we've seen in the last couple of games. Bryson seems to be suffering from a lack of confidence, although he had a spring in his step after the goal last Saturday.

Even Jason Shackell is suffering from a lack of form, standing off his man (goalside at least) for longer periods rather than putting a foot in. Fielding flapping at high balls and not commanding his area.

Massive confidence issue.

I've been a supporter of Clough since his appointment, but his new panicked persona is even worrying me now. I've not quite bared my wrists yet but I am worried by this confidence issue, something needs to click which hasn't yet.

Thinking about it though, considering the likes of Brayford, Bailey, Hendrick, Ball, O'Brien (so young) and Bennett (younger still) are all playing at a new level. I know Bailey and Brayford have a year of championship experience, but it's still only 1 season. Not forgetting Fielding I suppose, his first full season.

That's 5 players in their first season of championship football, plus 2 with a year under their belt playing regularly. Considering that, the squad is doing very well.

Spending money on a couple of players won't really achieve that much unless you sacrifice some of those players 'work experience'.

An atmosphere would work wonders on this team, rather than sarcastic booing for the likes of Davies (another player not quite with a year of championship experience) who must have a shattered ego at the moment.

Up to the fans in my opinion, that's what we're missing. A support!

Fielding - 23

Naylor - 20

Addison - 22

O'Brien - 19

Brayford - 23

Cwyka - 23

Bailey - 23

Hendrick - 19

Maguire - 22

Steve Davies - 23

Theo Robinson - 22

That leaves legzdins, bennett, ball, doyle and hughes on the bench. however I think we need some experience in our side, and some impact players. If McGugan IS available for 1.5million I would go and get him as soon as, a centre midfielder that will score goals and that would solve many of our problems!

Oh dear

I don't think a Julian ***** style tackle will be the answer to our problems.

Our squad lacks vision, they don't seem to be able to pick out a pass. We can't string 4 passes together at the moment. Only Jamie Ward has the determination to make something out of nothing, as we've seen in the last couple of games. Bryson seems to be suffering from a lack of confidence, although he had a spring in his step after the goal last Saturday.

Even Jason Shackell is suffering from a lack of form, standing off his man (goalside at least) for longer periods rather than putting a foot in. Fielding flapping at high balls and not commanding his area.

Massive confidence issue.

I've been a supporter of Clough since his appointment, but his new panicked persona is even worrying me now. I've not quite bared my wrists yet but I am worried by this confidence issue, something needs to click which hasn't yet.

Thinking about it though, considering the likes of Brayford, Bailey, Hendrick, Ball, O'Brien (so young) and Bennett (younger still) are all playing at a new level. I know Bailey and Brayford have a year of championship experience, but it's still only 1 season. Not forgetting Fielding I suppose, his first full season.

That's 5 players in their first season of championship football, plus 2 with a year under their belt playing regularly. Considering that, the squad is doing very well.

Spending money on a couple of players won't really achieve that much unless you sacrifice some of those players 'work experience'.

An atmosphere would work wonders on this team, rather than sarcastic booing for the likes of Davies (another player not quite with a year of championship experience) who must have a shattered ego at the moment.

Up to the fans in my opinion, that's what we're missing. A support!

Isn't Shackell one yellow away from a ban

Fielding - 23

Naylor - 20

Addison - 22

O'Brien - 19

Brayford - 23

Cwyka - 23

Bailey - 23

Hendrick - 19

Maguire - 22

Steve Davies - 23

Theo Robinson - 22

They would get relegated though, thats why they will not play 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />

Think our squad is probably stronger than 06/07. We had Mo Camara at left back for half the season and we found no partner or cover for an ageing but capable centre forward. We would have been absolutely f*cked if he got injured for a long spell.

I think another manager who played the best players, found a medical team that could keep players fit, didn't fall out with players and didn't try and defend 1-0 wins for 70 minutes and this squad would fly. I'd love to see Davies or Burley manage the current set of players.

Shouldn't make him afraid to tackle, just to tackle more cleanly. I trust O'Brien to cover him though, so a yellow shouldn't really be an excuse not to tackle.

I agree I think however the concern is whether Barker broke down after injury and Shackell got banned who would then cover the CB position. However with Barker showing very positive signs of being over his injury and coming back to match fitness this reason becomes less of an argument for tackling. However both of them are starting to provide a strong partnership. Exclude the West Ham game where the goals have already been discussed and Barker was no where ready for that type of game for 90 mins. We have been undone by a wonder shot against Brighton, got caught out against Crystal Palace and Bristol City. However that is 3 goals in 3 games conceeded which is a lot lot better than 3 against Peterbrough, 2 against Hull and 3 against Cardiff.

I agree I think however the concern is whether Barker broke down after injury and Shackell got banned who would then cover the CB position. However with Barker showing very positive signs of being over his injury and coming back to match fitness this reason becomes less of an argument for tackling. However both of them are starting to provide a strong partnership. Exclude the West Ham game where the goals have already been discussed and Barker was no where ready for that type of game for 90 mins. We have been undone by a wonder shot against Brighton, got caught out against Crystal Palace and Bristol City. However that is 3 goals in 3 games conceeded which is a lot lot better than 3 against Peterbrough, 2 against Hull and 3 against Cardiff.

Very true, I don't wanna slate the guy. The yellow card and the new partnership might well be what it is.

We'll see what the new year brings.

I guess it could also just be the time of year, winter and Derby don't seem to get along.

Archived