We seem to have a better squad now

Curtains

No one is saying this Leeds Ram however compared to November we now have Paul Green, Barker, Bailey, Ball, Priskin in the team with Brayford due back Saturday along with Theo who has been out for 3 weeks coninciding with the middle of the bad run. That is 6 new players back in the side most of which are not match fit, 5 of which will be starters at present 1/2 of the outfield team a sizeable chunk of players (Priskin not played 1st football for a while and it shows along with Ball only just breaking into the first team. Barker and Green out for 7 months no preseason takes time, Bailey out for 8 weeks coninciding with the start of the bad run, along with Brayford missed 8 games I think now and Theo to play alongside either.

To be honest not interested in exciting football at present I would rather have the team gelling again and picking up points get their confidence back and then bring on the exciting football. The last game where we saw the side play really well was Barnsley at home in the second half looked really good and then the injuries started to hit us

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wish every player would show some confidence. I mean even when we were winning the players weren't screaming for the ball. They all talk about feeling confident and having belief but they haven't look confident at all this season.

I'm sure they go into a game believing they can win, but when it comes to getting a hold of the game they all seem pretty happy to leave taking the initiative to eachother.

It wasn't like that last season. People like Cywka, Commons and Bueno and Brayford really tried to express themselves. Whether they played well or not, they took to the game and tried to make things happen.

Now it's back to like it was the season before last. Passing responsibility. Sometimes Hendrick will step up, always Ward. But I just want to see confidence ooze from Fielding, Brayford(this season), Roberts, Shackell(looks like he's gone into a bit of a shell now), OB, Bryson(more often), Bailey(used to spray some cracking passes) B.Davies, Robinson(looks nervous often)

We know they can do more.

No one is saying this Leeds Ram however compared to November we now have Paul Green, Barker, Bailey, Ball, Priskin in the team with Brayford due back Saturday along with Theo who has been out for 3 weeks coninciding with the middle of the bad run. That is 6 new players back in the side most of which are not match fit, 5 of which will be starters at present 1/2 of the outfield team a sizeable chunk of players (Priskin not played 1st football for a while and it shows along with Ball only just breaking into the first team. Barker and Green out for 7 months no preseason takes time, Bailey out for 8 weeks coninciding with the start of the bad run, along with Brayford missed 8 games I think now and Theo to play alongside either.

To be honest not interested in exciting football at present I would rather have the team gelling again and picking up points get their confidence back and then bring on the exciting football. The last game where we saw the side play really well was Barnsley at home in the second half looked really good and then the injuries started to hit us

Well so far I have seen that we have the best squad since we last got promoted, we have the best young squad in the league, and yet I have still not seen many games this season where we have dominated.

Also if I'm not mistaken, we went how many hours without a Derby player putting the ball in the net, and not even looked a danger.

If we go on a great run, no actually a good run, then maybe we can say that we have a team, but at present we can't, let's face it Saturday 1st half was one of the poorest we have played for a while against a team that was awful.

Finally, if we have a good squad, then injuries would make no difference as and when a first team regular gets injured we have someone to come in, results show that this is not the case.

This could be spun anyway you want.

We have a goalkeeper who won't come 3 feet of his line.

We have a poor left back.

We have no cover at centre back. (My opinion - OB not good enough yet)

We have many midfielders capable of grafting but none (Maybe Ward excepted) capable of any real creativity or the ability to take on someone.

We have no one capable of taking set pieces to a quality standard or someone who scores set pieces. (Again, my opinion but I think Davies free kicks are shocking (1 in 3 good) and I don't think he has scored a free kick for Derby)

We don't have a striker with proven capabiltiy to score 15 plus in a season.

So with all of the above it points to a very poor Championship team.

Of course, this could all be spun to someone who thinks Clough is doing a good job.

Well so far I have seen that we have the best squad since we last got promoted, we have the best young squad in the league, and yet I have still not seen many games this season where we have dominated.

Also if I'm not mistaken, we went how many hours without a Derby player putting the ball in the net, and not even looked a danger.

If we go on a great run, no actually a good run, then maybe we can say that we have a team, but at present we can't, let's face it Saturday 1st half was one of the poorest we have played for a while against a team that was awful.

Finally, if we have a good squad, then injuries would make no difference as and when a first team regular gets injured we have someone to come in, results show that this is not the case.

We did go on a run at the beginning of the season before we had the injuries best start in 100yrs and people still complained

I think, don't get me wrong I'm not calling either Derby or Clough poor, that a lot of people felt that our games were won on a knife edge. Not really the results, but the performances were never really 'wow!'.

People argued that winning was all that mattered, while others felt that the performances were not earning the results they were getting. That it wouldn't take long to topple us.

I'm not saying this is my view, just I can see why there were concerns when we were winning.

People shouldn't be expecting world class performances every week win/lose/draw.

People can't say that playing poor and winning is enough. Because that has a way of catching you up.

Needs to have the right balance.

We have the best young squad in the division IMO, you could play...

Fielding - 23

Naylor - 20

Addison - 22

O'Brien - 19

Brayford - 23

Cwyka - 23

Bailey - 23

Hendrick - 19

Maguire - 22

Steve Davies - 23

Theo Robinson - 22

That leaves legzdins, bennett, ball, doyle and hughes on the bench. however I think we need some experience in our side, and some impact players. If McGugan IS available for 1.5million I would go and get him as soon as, a centre midfielder that will score goals and that would solve many of our problems!

Hello mr Clough, it is you isnt it?

One of the most dillusioned posts ive ever seen.

Hello mr Clough, it is you isnt it?

One of the most dillusioned posts ive ever seen.

I would really like to see which other side in the division could play a side of that quality of players under 23, most teams don't even have that amount of players under 23 in their squad!

It's experience we're lacking, for talented youngsters there isn't a better side in the division, even west ham don't have that amount of quality young players!

I would really like to see which other side in the division could play a side of that quality of players under 23, most teams don't even have that amount of players under 23 in their squad!

It's experience we're lacking, for talented youngsters there isn't a better side in the division, even west ham don't have that amount of quality young players!

1. Alex McCarthy

2. Joseph Mills

3. Alex Pearce

4. Marcus Willams

5. Shaun Cummings

6. Jordan Obita

7. Jem Karacan

8. Hal Robson-Kanu

9. Mathieu Manset

10. Simon Church

11. Le Fondre

This side is far better than our youths.. Ambitious it's easy to say we have good youngsters but how many of them are destined for a top NPC/PL side?

For Reading the likes of Church, Karacan, Cummings, Pearce, Mills, Manset and McCarthy were members of Readings squad that made the playoffs last year.. And Obita, Le Fondre and Robson-Kanu have a lot of potential..

For us I can easily disregard half of oursif not more and safely say they'll never be top NPC/PL standard players..

Yes we have youngsters, but that's not to say they're actually any good.. Take a look around the league and every team will have at least 2 or 3 youngsters that are destined for the PL.. Teams like Barnsley, Reading, Southampton and Palace IMO have youngsters far more promising than ours (Mason Bennett excluded)

1. Alex McCarthy

2. Joseph Mills

3. Alex Pearce

4. Marcus Willams

5. Shaun Cummings

6. Jordan Obita

7. Jem Karacan

8. Hal Robson-Kanu

9. Mathieu Manset

10. Simon Church

11. Le Fondre

This side is far better than our youths.. Ambitious it's easy to say we have good youngsters but how many of them are destined for a top NPC/PL side?

For Reading the likes of Church, Karacan, Cummings, Pearce, Mills, Manset and McCarthy were members of Readings squad that made the playoffs last year.. And Obita, Le Fondre and Robson-Kanu have a lot of potential..

For us I can easily disregard half of oursif not more and safely say they'll never be top NPC/PL standard players..

Yes we have youngsters, but that's not to say they're actually any good.. Take a look around the league and every team will have at least 2 or 3 youngsters that are destined for the PL.. Teams like Barnsley, Reading, Southampton and Palace IMO have youngsters far more promising than ours (Mason Bennett excluded)

I don't think there is that much of a difference but maybe that is just me, for instance Theo and SteveDavies have a better goal to game ratio..

Le Fondre is 25 and Church 23... this season played 25 (8) and scored 10 goals.. Theo is 22 and SDavies 23... this season played 20 (6) and scored 11 goals, so their strike force is older and already less productive.

If put together I would say..

Fielding, Brayford, O'Brien, Pearce, Mills, Bailey, Karacan, Hal-Robson Kanu, Hendrick, Theo and Steve Davies

That is saying the team was put together tomorrow of course.

I don't think there is that much of a difference but maybe that is just me, for instance Theo and SteveDavies have a better goal to game ratio..

Le Fondre is 25 and Church 23... this season played 25 (8) and scored 10 goals.. Theo is 22 and SDavies 23... this season played 20 (6) and scored 11 goals, so their strike force is older and already less productive.

If put together I would say..

Fielding, Brayford, O'Brien, Pearce, Mills, Bailey, Karacan, Hal-Robson Kanu, Hendrick, Theo and Steve Davies

That is saying the team was put together tomorrow of course.

Simon Church is far better than S.Davies and Jordan Obita is the brightest winger in the country

It's all opinions mate I just don't see a fair few of our players with potential.. Nyatanga for example looked far better at 18 than OB did..

• 2 weeks later...

Nope, we are excatly where I thought, when our best 11 are fit we can compete with met in ths league, once we get injuries to key players we don't have a squad to fill in.

Same as last season, and the season b4 that.

Archived