Green not staying next season

Boycie

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Any ideas what is his wages now?

many reckon him to be one of the higher earners along with Pearson, Bywater and Leacock so i would imagine it isn't going to be far off the £8,000 - £10,000 mark!

personally i won't miss him from the team, but he will need replacing as he can play wherever he is asked with the same level of consitancy throughout the midfield and at RB!

I would hazard a guess of 8,000 a week, Leacock, Bywater and Pearson will be on around 10,000.

All to much, if I am being honest if Paul Green was to stay here he'd have to take a wage cut to around 5-6,000 maximum, which he won't do.

Id settle for £5k a week, at a push!

Id settle for £5k a week, at a push!

On the basis that he is good to have around, but not desperately important, I agree...

Hendrick, Bailey, Davies, Ward, Bryson..etc can all play centre midfield and with that I still think we need a player who can hold the midfield tight in the middle despite of that. If Green going brings that player in, then I am all for it.

Who was that geezer on the old DET forum who swore blind we weren't selling Hulse and started a Hulse watch thread where he posted every day that he was still a Derby player?

He'd have loved this thread, silly bugger.

It's funny that now when we are about to ditch a player for having high wage expectations nobody questions it anymore.

Who was that geezer on the old DET forum who swore blind we weren't selling Hulse and started a Hulse watch thread where he posted every day that he was still a Derby player?

He'd have loved this thread, silly bugger.

It's funny that now when we are about to ditch a player for having high wage expectations nobody questions it anymore.

I think it was Percy who started the Hulse watch thread.

Nobody questions it anymore because since the end of the last transfer window even TG has given up pretending that there’s going to be any significant new investment in the squad.

In the rare interviews I’ve heard this season TG sounds like he’s reading from a script that could have been written by PeteDerby at the time Hulse was sold. Basically, that the money available is very limited and the big earners need to go before we can get any new players in.

So losing our high earners is accepted by almost everyone now. It's pretty obvious to most that there are very tight limits on the wages we can offer players. Of course, all this has an impact on the quality and the depth of the squad.

Bywater - £10k

Pearson - £10k

Leacock - £10k

Green - £8k

Anderson - £8k

Our wage bill is going to considerably fall by the end of the season, we should have some room for some decent players

****** was Anderson on 8k a week! He'd of been lucky if he was on half that!

So we give green a contract, when it is about to run out we say that we won't match what he is currently on, he decides that he will get that sort of money elsewhere, and yet it's green fault !?

To me he is the best midfielder we got, and wil end up and a top half champ club, or a lower prem league club, what's for sure is we won't replace him with a similar quality, it will be another poor man commons signing ie Ben Davies.

I to do not blame Green for wanting to have a go some where else, he has had a rough time here coming to us under Jewell into a team which had been relegated as the worst team, not winning a game for 12 months into a relegation battle the first season, hard battling seasons for the next season getting a long term injury last season losing his international place coming upto an important tournament. Due to the injuries moving into his last 6months or so of his contract and seeing the future players of the club coming through the ranks and doing really really well he knows his opportunities here will be limited. He has four months top to show Ireland he is worth taking to the Euro tournament so he will want to go to a club where they are fighting at the right end of the table where he will be guaranteed first team football. Everything at present is stacked against him at present at Derby being in his final throws of his contract Clough will put faith with players who will be here after the summer. For himself he needs to move on and I for one wish him luck if he goes but would personally like him to stop.

You cant be-grudge him.

he signed when jewell was here, as did commons, that we would be going for promotion.

3 years later, derby dont look remotely like promotion contenders, and the cash aint there to back the manager or show any sign of ambition.

go greenie when you can at the end of the season, like any of us would in your situation.

Archived