Strikers

roosram

Not the ones Clarkson wants shot.

Assuming (!) Savies, Tyson and Robinson get fit and become available for selection in the not too distant future, and not forgetting Bennett and Ball, would you agree we have enough strikers? This is not to mention Ward, Cyfca and Maguire who I see as AM rather than pure strikers.

I can't see Piskin being here after his loan spell.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not the ones Clarkson wants shot.

Assuming (!) Savies, Tyson and Robinson get fit and become available for selection in the not too distant future, and not forgetting Bennett and Ball, would you agree we have enough strikers? This is not to mention Ward, Cyfca and Maguire who I see as AM rather than pure strikers.

I can't see Piskin being here after his loan spell.

No I wouldn't agree, None of the players we have can be relied on as regular goalscorers.

That may be true but he is no mason bennett is he?

Well Davis has scored 5 in 10 games this season and Theo had 5 in 16 games.

Your right, Henry's never been anywhere near as good as Mace the Ace, Henry didn't even get in the England under 16's!!!

15 to 20 goals a season i would say.

With the goals to game ratio

Steve Davies 5 goals in 10 league games, if continued on that ratio heading towards 20+ goals

Theo Robinson 5 goals in 10 league starts so same again

If both back in Januray for example there are 22 games each and if they can get on the same ratio another 10 goals a piece is feasible. So surely that hits what is classed as decent striker.

However I do not like Steve Davies as he does not do enough for the team in my opinion but saying that he does know where the goal is.

We have missed his goals and then missed Theos work ethic and goals in the team and with them out we have had nothing in the final 1/3 of the pitch which means the ball always comes back onto the midfield and defence. I would welcome both back Saturday if fit to play.

You want your strikers to score around 30 to 35 league goals in a season, at the minute we have...

Robinson 6

Davies 5

Ward 2

Maguire 1

Ball 0

Tyson 0

Bennett 0

Total:14

so we're about half way to 30 and we haven't played half the games yet, so we're on for our target, lets compare that to our midland rivals whom both have a considerably more expensive front line

Matt Derbyshire 1

Ishmael Miller 3

David McGoldrick 0

Marcus Tudgay 3

Robbie Findley 2

Dexter Blackstock 0

Total:9

Paul Gallagher 3

Steve Howard 0

Darius Vassell 2

David Nugent 6

Jermaine Beckford 2

Total:13

so remind me again, why do we need a striker? bare in mind leicester spent 2.5million on beckford and giving him 30k+ a week... I don't think the goals from our frontline are a big issue, myself.

You want your strikers to score around 30 to 35 league goals in a season, at the minute we have...

Robinson 6

Davies 5

Ward 2

Maguire 1

Ball 0

Tyson 0

Bennett 0

Total:14

so we're about half way to 30 and we haven't played half the games yet, so we're on for our target, lets compare that to our midland rivals whom both have a considerably more expensive front line

Matt Derbyshire 1

Ishmael Miller 3

David McGoldrick 0

Marcus Tudgay 3

Robbie Findley 2

Dexter Blackstock 0

Total:9

Paul Gallagher 3

Steve Howard 0

Darius Vassell 2

David Nugent 6

Jermaine Beckford 2

Total:13

so remind me again, why do we need a striker? bare in mind leicester spent 2.5million on beckford and giving him 30k+ a week... I don't think the goals from our frontline are a big issue, myself.

wouldnt say hes even a striker. and he'll only get two more this season. they'll both be crackers as well.

Did he mean the strikers in total?

Yes, therefore I meant strike force and said we was around halfway there. Doncaster will have 1 striker with around 20 come the end of the season and the rest with drips and drabs, despite having Billy Sharp, I care to bet our strikeforce score more than Doncasters!

Archived