Brayford Playing on 1 Leg

Day

Derby County manager Nigel Clough says John Brayford is 'playing on one leg' and is concerned by the full-back's ongoing thigh injury.

Brayford recently returned from missing six matches with a torn thigh muscle, but was forced to come off during Saturday's defeat at West Ham United.

The defender had also felt discomfort in the area in the previous week's game against Hull City and Clough is anxious not to worsen the problem.

"John's playing on one leg. His thigh is still sore but he is getting through," said Clough.

"It is a concern because we want him fully fit and having three games in seven days doesn't help."

Derby host Brighton & Hove Albion on Tuesday night and return to London on Friday night to take on Crystal Palace.

Clough hopes Brayford can battle on but he added: "At least having Paul Green fit again gives us an option at right-back."

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11095/7338821/

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah , but dont bother getting a right back in on loan, just f**k the midfield up again by playing Green there if Brayford misses out .

loan window is closed now, and after the hull game probably thought it was just a reaction to not playing for 6 weeks. But they should have got a player when he was 1st injured!!

loan window is closed now, and after the hull game probably thought it was just a reaction to not playing for 6 weeks. But they should have got a player when he was 1st injured!!

Yeah I should have made it clearer that I ment before the window closed.

Clough must have known about this before last thursday .

Recently we didn't have available who we have now. Green is better than Buxton at RB and Bailey wasn't fit before. So your point is pointless.

So Green is not a better midfield player than fullback, and our midfield have been tremendous over the last ten games,who's point, is pointless now 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/tongue' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':P' />

This issue highlights how Clough is being hampered by the budget constraints. No loan when he got injured due to being over budget and having to play him half fit when he returns. We're really not on a level playing field with teams we should be able to compete with.

Yeah I should have made it clearer that I ment before the window closed.

Clough must have known about this before last thursday .

Yes something should have been done before thursday, maybe 6 weeks ago we should have got a 8 week loan that would have covered us whilst he recovered from injury and any set backs and we wouldn't need to rush him back!! Also I would like to add maybe Brayford said that his injury was fine after the hull game, just a bit sore, not wanting to let anyone down?

Archived