The Rugby Union thread

MrsRam

In all the rugby games I've been to, it's just fans there for the love of the game - rival fans love chatting about it. I think the difference is all the violence happens on the pitch and the referee gets total respect from the players so the two main frustration/flash points for fans are avoided.

Couldnt agree more - its great to be able to mix freely with opposing fans & also see players on the pitch respecting the ref. Two things sadly lacking from the "beautiful game". Football could learn a lot from rugby in general - I think a sin bin in football for instance would be a much better sanction than a red card for 2 tame fouls.

p.s. my ticket for England v France was £98!! I really hope we're still on for the GS by then!

• Replies 280
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Agree Shuff. England could I suppose but I think we might just come up short in Dublin. However, as good as Ireland were in defence v Wales.. England have much more attacking force and ideas to come at them with.. Will NOT make the number of bad decision errors in sight of the try line.. Will make more yards and be much much faster to the breakdown than Wales.

In short if Ireland are to win this game then they will have to do better than they did V Wales even!!

Agree Shuff. England could I suppose but I think we might just come up short in Dublin. However, as good as Ireland were in defence v Wales.. England have much more attacking force and ideas to come at them with.. Will NOT make the number of bad decision errors in sight of the try line.. Will make more yards and be much much faster to the breakdown than Wales.

In short if Ireland are to win this game then they will have to do better than they did V Wales even!!

France were supposed to be the team to do it, but they bottled it against Italy.

GS is firmly on the table! England's to lose now,

The Welsh will be a stern test as they always raise their game and the French will be playing for pride so it depends which France team rock up that day!

Very impressed with England's maturity on Sunday, held it together at 6-6 and kept it tight, deserved the win.

We played our best rugby whilst Haskell was sin-binned, it definitely focussed the team and with a better bounce could have had a try too.

Spot on - the way we stepped up to the plate when down to 14 men was fantastic to see. Very rarely got flustered all match in fact - discipline & defensive line was impeccable in atrocious conditions. Shades of the 2003 team?

As for the GS - although I think we will beat the French (after a monumental struggle), that Wales v England match is too close to call - to win in both Dublin & Cardiff in one season is a tall order. I reckon Wales might still be in contention for the title by then too...

Which incidently was probably the most ridiculous sin binning I have ever seen!!

The ref was truly appalling. Glad we won but still so angry at the ref. Didnt see the most obvious stamp!!! But decreed that Haskells flip foot was a yellow!!!! He was harsh on us all game. Missed Manu being taken out off the ball over the ' nearly try'.. Missed TWO other off ball take outs and a blatent punch. Idiot...

He's made 2 big errors for me - number 1, he's alienated all potential England players by suggesting they're indisciplined (certainly an unfair comment in the new Lancaster era)

Number 2 - he's sent a message to the Aussie press saying that effectively he will allow media pressure to affect his team line-ups & approach to games. Absolute lunacy.

I'm not fussed to be honest. If he wants to get thrashed with his "Celtic Allstars" then let him go right ahead. A summer off for our lads will undoubtedly make them sharper for the 13-14 season

Archived