Greatest night at Pride Park?

DCFC_17

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Derby 3-0 Brighton under GB was probably my favourite night..

A team coming up to PP and taking an absoloute spanking, we played them off the park and it was this moment I knew we were in for a good season.. We played some breathtaking football that night for an NPC side.

Also the playoff 2nd leg was a special night, we were thoroughly outplayed and squeezed through on penalties.. Not only was that my first time witnessing a penalty shootout in such an intense game, but the fact the heavens opened up and people were dancing in the rain without a care in the world afterwards, incredible night.

The So'ton Semi-final is the one for me. Action packed, drama, penalties.. ex players galore on both sides, brilliant evening. When I think of this game I instantly remember the rain that night...

Missed the United Semi due to work so can't put that one up there.

In the league i'd say beating Newcastle 3-0 a couple of years back was a good one. Then probably Dave Jones' last minute wonder free-kick against Wednesday from an impossible angle.

Certainly the play off semi by an absolute mile, really was something I will never forget, Darren Moore scoring first also won me 70 odd quid in a bet and then the moment idiakez blazed that penalty over sent me over the edge, I remember jumping down rows of chairs and sprinting out onto the wet pitch only to slip and slide around 30 metres taking out about 4 poor unsuspecting victims.

Unbelievable game, I doubt I will ever get that feeling again....

Archived