Derby team trip to New York

StevoStimac

Does anyone know if there is any truth in the rumour that the team went off to New York over the international break for "team building"?

Thinking back to Nigel's comments during pre-season where he said that he didn't see the value in long distance pre seasons due to fatigue etc, with the level of injuries in the team, this does, on face value, appear to be a change of tack.

Also, not sure whether it would explain the lack of energy yesterday which was surprising after a "2 week break".

Thoughts anyone?

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Who funded that?

20 odd people with return flights + accomodation + food for however many days = minimum $40k..

So seriously, that's the equivalent of a decent loan player for 2 months + in wages.. Good one. Worked a treat

They paid for themselves

$40k?

You can get a hotel for three nights and return flights for £420. For 20 people, even if we round it up to £450 for the sake of easy mathematics, it's only £9k.

I'm presuming they were only there for three nights as I think that's how long the lads were in Spain for last season when they went away. Certainly not the amount that you suggested.

Plus they're footballers, who's to say they didn't pay for the bulk of it themselves?

$40k?

You can get a hotel for three nights and return flights for £420. For 20 people, even if we round it up to £450 for the sake of easy mathematics, it's only £9k.

I'm presuming they were only there for three nights as I think that's how long the lads were in Spain for last season when they went away. Certainly not the amount that you suggested.

Plus they're footballers, who's to say they didn't pay for the bulk of it themselves?

Do you know tha for a fact or are you just plucking an imaginary figure out of the air? If not then that's a fantastic deal and I'd like you tell me where you saw it, especially at short notice.. You probably know full well I live in Mexico and the cheapest flghts I've found are around $400 US and that's a single flight and I'm a hell of a lot closer than you guys.

$420, well even $450 that includes a hote for 3 nights is a bargain..

No problems if the squad paid for it.. Though it's abit strange NC would go back on his previous words

Do you know tha for a fact or are you just plucking an imaginary figure out of the air? If not then that's a fantastic deal and I'd like you tell me where you saw it, especially at short notice.. You probably know full well I live in Mexico and the cheapest flghts I've found are around $400 US and that's a single flight and I'm a hell of a lot closer than you guys.

$420, well even $450 that includes a hote for 3 nights is a bargain..

No problems if the squad paid for it.. Though it's abit strange NC would go back on his previous words

Actually, I just googled it. The hotel was £50 a night and the flights were £270 from a quick look, so presumably those deals aren't made up. Infact the hotel deal was a three-star hotel for £46, rounding it up was just easier. Google cheap return flights and hotel accomodtation in New York and you'll see them on the first page.

I have no idea where you're living in Mexico or wherever, just stating that it's nowhere near that expensive if you took those options. If Glick is blasted for not funding enough wages or whatever, he's hardly likely to be spending big in trips abroad for all the players and coaching staff is he.

If this is true then i think we should panic every time we lose a game, boo each and every misplaced pass and leave the ground early so we can get to our computers to really slag them off.

And ring the moan in on Mondays.

and leave a fookin brain dead pathetic comment on the DET website..

I want to see proof of them paying for it themselves. If it was me, I'd tell them to bog off, they want to go to yanksville, they ought to pay.

shocking - 2 weeks break from games and the lads decide to take well a errrrrmmmmm few days holiday, im sure none of us would ever think of taking a few days holiday when we are on holiday from work!

Archived