Barker, Green, Brayford and Tyson

RotherhamRam

Listening to Clough on Ramsplayer.

Barker may be in the 16 on Saturday or in the near future. Mark O'brien will continue playing until he is fully ready to step in. He is training with the squad now however will take a couple of months to be fully match fit. Not trained with the squad due to the injury for 12 months before op plus the time for recovery. Not ready to start yet

Decision will be made on Friday whether fit to play Saturday all depends on whether he can kick a ball. Hopefully will be back fit, the biggest problem by the sound of it is to keep him off the pitch and heal.

Green will be considered for the squad. Confirmed he is on the higher end of the wages but will be considered. Admits that Hendricks is looking like he needs a rest and may sit out in the near future for a few games to give him time and Green could step in whilst Bailey works towards fitness. Green reading between the lines has a few options. He focuses on football gets into the squad/team. I know people say he is linked to leave but Clough has said January will be key. Does not say he will leave or be replaced but has he is in his final year I think it will be down to contract talks. If he falls into line with everyone else then don't be surprised if he stops. If not then he will leave I should imagine at the end of the season on a free as I don't think anyone will buy a player who has been out for 7 months with cruciate damage. Clough has highlighted with Ireland getting to the European Championships there is an insentive to get back into the squad. He also states could be in the 16 and if Brayford can only play 70-80 minutes then Green will cover there whilst both Brayford and himself recovers which in my mind is the best solution as he is not ready to play midfield immediately after the injury he has had.

Tyson not ready to play yet not much else there. The main striker at present is Robinson but who do they play alongside him. They want Jamie Ward to play on left but appreciate he did well versus Peterbrough. It all depends on who is available for Saturday.

All in all 2 definate 1st team players are well on the road to recovery, Green who could be either a squad player or a starter is also well on road to recovery. The back 4 in a few weeks could be back up to full strength and for the first time since the season started the first choice back will play in Brayford, Barker, Shackell, and Roberts. Clough wants the back 4 sorted and settled as this is key for the team which I agree if the team has confidence in the back 4 like they did in the first opening games then they can push forward. With the back 4 being as week as it has with injuries across the 4 the midfield drop back to cover which leaves the striker(s) on their own with no support and the ball as it has over the last few games just keeps coming back.

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Who are the two definate first teamers?

Brayford is an automatic..

Tyson, Green and Barker aren't improvements on Robinson, Hendrick and O'Brien.. It will improve our squad should more injuries kick in, but other than Brayford they won't improve our first team..

I wonder if NC will have a shuffle around in formation given more options.. I hope he goes 4-5-1 with Robinson uptop and Ward and Cywka either side of him..

Tyson, Green and Barker aren't improvements on Robinson, Hendrick and O'Brien.. It will improve our squad should more injuries kick in, but other than Brayford they won't improve our first team..

Don't agree with you here Bris. I think all three will hugely improve our side.

I thought when we brought in Tyson he will become our main striker and nothing has happened to change my mind.

Greens experience has been missed and in many games I've seen, our midfield has been bypasses and Hendrick has been a passenger.

An in form and fully fit Barker is a key player in the side and will IMO form the very best defensive partnership outside of the top flight with Shackell. When both at full fitness, few could argue that.

Robinson, Hendrick and O'Brien have all done quite well but they are squad players and will form our back up.

This is the reason I am so delighted at our early season form. We have been missing our key players.

I

I thought when we brought in Tyson he will become our main striker and nothing has happened to change my mind.

Greens experience has been missed and in many games I've seen, our midfield has been bypasses and Hendrick has been a passenger.

An in form and fully fit Barker is a key player in the side and will IMO form the very best defensive partnership outside of the top flight with Shackell. When both at full fitness, few could argue that.

Robinson, Hendrick and O'Brien have all done quite well but they are squad players and will form our back up.

This is the reason I am so delighted at our early season form. We have been missing our key players.

Completely agree.

Who are the two definate first teamers?

Brayford is an automatic..

I wonder if NC will have a shuffle around in formation given more options.. I hope he goes 4-5-1 with Robinson uptop and Ward and Cywka either side of him..

How can you possibly believe they won't improve the side? You saying it will be as good if they didn't exist? Don't be daft. Barker is better than O'Brien, and has the experience to add. Hendrick is watching the game pass by half the time. I can't wait for the two of them to come back. Don't know how you can say they won't improve it.

I dont know why anyone thinks Green will improve the side, we have been dreadfull in the midfield area since he has been here, running around but no quality, it has been no suprise to me since he has been out we have looked better in that area and as a team.
I know it's your opinion but I rate him, he was one of the best players during the "purple patch" last season, he had most assists than any other player. My mate I sit next to on matchdays can't see it, I can. Bit of a marmite player.

I know it's your opinion but I rate him, he was one of the best players during the "purple patch" last season, he had most assists than any other player. My mate I sit next to on matchdays can't see it, I can. Bit of a marmite player.

I agree - green prospered in the purple patch because others around him were providing the flair. it meant his role was clearly defined.

However is his style too much like that of bryson for him to fit in the current lineup?

I like him.

All I am going to say is the comment from Bris was nothing but expected and to be honest his posts are getting boring as it is the same crappy comments everytime. I am starting to wonder as some are who he actually supports or his hobby just to post WUMS and keep them going.

Green will slot in next to Bryson both play similar as they are both box to box midfielders, both will overlap the wing and interchange and both cover a lot of ground. The experience for is where Hendrick at times lack as he can read the game but will react to it even though Bryson has already acted and got there. Hendrick just needs to be a bit more aware at times of what is around him and this will come with experience. When he does this he looks like a future hot prospect when he doesn't like some suggest he watches the game go by. I also agree with Clough he is about ready to have a break but I think he has done his future no harm with the club.

When Bailey fit the tri of Green, Bailey and Bryson will be really good as any of the three can play in the defensive 2 whilst the same can be said in the middle 3 behind the striker if we revert to 4231 formation.

Bris would argue that sea was not made of water just to get a response.

Bris before you respond I am not saying that you do not have a right to an opinion but it is the same opinion over and over again and there are not many who agree with you and no matter how many times you post it it will never change

I just don't particularly rate them as players Rotherham.. I'm delighted with Hendrick and O'Brien, I think they both deserve to keep their places and IMO they're better players.. O'Brien seriously needs to work on his distribution though..

Green was excellent during our purple patch, but so was Bueno, Commons, Kuqi and Cywka.. Green was then moved to RB for what must have been Cloughs worst ever managerial decision as it totally rocked the balance of the side and destroyed a winning team. But I can only see him in an attacking position, in the centre Bailey and Hendrick are better players, much better in possession..

Tyson is very similar to Robsinson, except Robinson seems to score more.

As for Barker, you know my opinion.

Rotherham I don't expect people to agree with my opinions, but how boring would it be if everyone did.. If everyone agrees, there is no need for a forum.. The fact that our opinions are the complete opposite is the reason we can have a decent debate

Ob is not a patch on barker!! Yes ob puts his head in where it hurts but so does barker, but barker is calm and collective which ob is not ( yet) but being 19 he poss panics!!

Barker is better in the air than ob though and is stronger!!

For me barker everyday of the week.. Though he needs to earn his place back in the team!!

Green over Hendrick to ( for now) mentally green has more about him than jeff which comes with experience, Hendrick has had all the hype since forest where he scored, but he never really stood out that day!! Yes he played well but got the plaudits cos of the goal!! A lot of time the opposition get to long on the ball against derby Bryson and green are both snappers, chomping at the ankles to get the ball, I don't know if it's cos of zonal marking or what but can't recall Hendrick winning the ball back( off top of my head)

Tyson we haven't really seen much of him to judge!! Doubt we will either to be honest!

I dont know why anyone thinks Green will improve the side, we have been dreadfull in the midfield area since he has been here, running around but no quality, it has been no suprise to me since he has been out we have looked better in that area and as a team.

Although Ive been very impressed with Hendrick, Bryson and the like, you can't ignore the fact that for a large part of the time, Green had to play alongside Mr Savage. I think he deserves some extra allowance for that....

Although Ive been very impressed with Hendrick, Bryson and the like, you can't ignore the fact that for a large part of the time, Green had to play alongside Mr Savage. I think he deserves some extra allowance for that....

i liked sav but imo both green and bailley played better when he was not in the team

iirc - the green RB move was because of injury and not a tactical choice on NC's part.

Moving Green to RB and Brayford to CB because he didn't want any other CB there, awful disastrous ametuerish decision.. Why take out an attacking player with the leading assists in the team and arguably the best RB in the league at the time who gave us so many runs down the right.. NCs decisions then single handidly destroyed any momentum we had..

All he had to do was pick the many other CBs we had in that position or get one in loan.. Instead he shifted half the team around.. I mentioned it before, that decision would be on par with putting someone like Samir Nasri at LB

Moving Green to RB and Brayford to CB because he didn't want any other CB there, awful disastrous ametuerish decision.. Why take out an attacking player with the leading assists in the team and arguably the best RB in the league at the time who gave us so many runs down the right.. NCs decisions then single handidly destroyed any momentum we had..

All he had to do was pick the many other CBs we had in that position or get one in loan.. Instead he shifted half the team around.. I mentioned it before, that decision would be on par with putting someone like Samir Nasri at LB

Ever thought that there was no-one else available? He did the best job he could by shifting players who could actually play those positions.

Anderson/O'Brien/Buxton weren't available last season for large periods, and we didn't have any other option. I'd have done the same if there was no other option, and there didn't appear to be.

Ayala was brought in when we had the option so that we didn't have to shift Brayford/Green about and affect the team. You do really like to slate Clough for everything don't you. Christ.....

Paul Green, running around and no quality? last season he was top in assists in the team with 8 and scored 2 goals so he was involved in roughly 1/6th of our goals.

Considering he isn't a creative midfielder I would suggest this indicates it was lack of quality elsewhere in the midfield and not Paul Green.

Archived