Harry Redknapp

MrsRam

• Replies 318
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Harry Redknapp circus has packed up and moving on, is anyone really surprised by this? Personally I think Spurs will drop like a stone now he has gone, I cannot see Moyes taking the job, however I vaguely remember hearing something about Martinez liking to manage a club like Spurs or even Spurs themselves.

Modric wanted to go when Redknapp was there, doubt this will make a difference. Also hasn't Van Der Fart already said something about moving to Germany to be closer to his missus who works over there.

Moyes to Spurs? I'd laugh if that happens, over-rated manager goes to a club who thinks they're better than what they are.. They'll drop like a stone.. Why is Moyes the favourite and being earmarked, I mentioned this before, he's done no better of a job than Sam Allardyce or Alan Curbishley..

I think Rafa Benitez will be after the job. It would be perfect for AVB but he'll probably end up the next AC Milan, Roma or Inter Milan manager when either sack their manager next season.. He'd be perfect for Italian football.

Back onto Spurs.. I really can't call their new manager.. Benitez has baggage, Moyes is a longball over-rated manager and doesn't fit their supposed pretty football, Martinez hasn't done that good of a job (he needs another season at Wigan and perhaps a top-half finish), Martin Jol could go back there as he's proven but I doubt it... I'd mention they'd go after Unai Emery after leaving Valencia but he's signed a contract with Spartak Moscow.. Manuel Pellegrini is a good choice if they're looking at a foreign manager

Moyes to Spurs? I'd laugh if that happens, over-rated manager goes to a club who thinks they're better than what they are.. They'll drop like a stone.. Why is Moyes the favourite and being earmarked, I mentioned this before, he's done no better of a job than Sam Allardyce or Alan Curbishley..

I think Rafa Benitez will be after the job. It would be perfect for AVB but he'll probably end up the next AC Milan, Roma or Inter Milan manager when either sack their manager next season.. He'd be perfect for Italian football.

Back onto Spurs.. I really can't call their new manager.. Benitez has baggage, Moyes is a longball over-rated manager and doesn't fit their supposed pretty football, Martinez hasn't done that good of a job (he needs another season at Wigan and perhaps a top-half finish), Martin Jol could go back there as he's proven but I doubt it... I'd mention they'd go after Unai Emery after leaving Valencia but he's signed a contract with Spartak Moscow.. Manuel Pellegrini is a good choice if they're looking at a foreign manager

The question is, what sort of manager do David Levy and the Spurs board want?

Do they want a financially astute guy to slow the horrendous drain on their finances that good old 'Arry is so fond of creating and step back from the mad champions league race?

Its a difficult one for them, they have a squad not far off Champions league standard yet may have to spend untold millions to keep up with Chelsea, United, City and Arsenal.

I know why Harry Redknapp has been sacked.. He's clearly on drugs or lost his mind

"With Wayne Rooney at last available now for the match against Ukraine, there's no way he can be left out. I'd play him alongside Danny Welbeck, who gives England good movement," he said.

"The pair have developed a great understanding at Manchester United and we could reap the rewards of that. Wayne is raring to go, so I'm backing him to score.

"With the added threat of Andy Carroll off the bench, England have a scary looking attack. Steven Gerrard has had two very good games at the Euros and his cross for Carroll showed what pinpoint accuracy he possesses.

"Frankly, I wouldn't swap England's front six for any at this tournament - including Spain's."

So he'd rather have Rooney, Wellbeck, Milner, Parker, Young and Gerrard over Xavi, Iniesta, Busquets, David Silva, Xavi Alonso and Torres/David Villa

I'm so glad we've got Roy in charge.. Harry has lost the plot completely

How has he lost the plot?if we play 2 up front it makes sense to play Rooney and Welbeck with the

option of Carroll if we need to change things around.All hes doing is talking our players up to give

us confidence.Whats he supposed to say- that wer''re rubbish compared to Spain?that would go down

well-in Madrid!

Harry Redknapp will reportedly be paid £3,000,000 in compensation by Tottenham, which after tax will equate to approximately £3,000,000.

Brilliant MsrRam, you deserve a record number of likes for one of the most perceptive, incisive and true one-liners I have read in many a long day.

Archived