Jeff Hendrick

davenportram

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looking at the Tribal Football piece, I would not consider WBA and AV as 'premier league big guns'. Would he want to move and warm a bench so soon after he had broken into the first team? Personally I think he would sooner learn his trade here and pay back some of the faith NC at al have shown in him, and see where Derby are in 2-3 seasons AND if he maintain or improve on an excellent start.

Paper talk, undoubtedly to coincide with contract negotiations (possibly started by Jeff's agent). I'm not concerned in the slightest.

His contract doesn't expire until summer 2013. Doubt talks on his contract will have started yet. Especially as he has only just broke through to the first team, will need to be consistent for more than a handful of games.

His contract doesn't expire until summer 2013. Doubt talks on his contract will have started yet. Especially as he has only just broke through to the first team, will need to be consistent for more than a handful of games.

Mate, I will be surprised if this year ends without him signing a longer deal on more money, he's probably on peanuts.

Mate, I will be surprised if this year ends without him signing a longer deal on more money, he's probably on peanuts.

....but he's not even guaranteed a first team spot here yet.....he's still a reserve until he's getting picked over a fit Bailey, Green and Bryson.

....but he's not even guaranteed a first team spot here yet.....he's still a reserve until he's getting picked over a fit Bailey, Green and Bryson.

I'm not talking about giving him a 5yr deal on £8,000 a week, Taking your arguement, Mark O'Brien would be behind a fit Shackell, Barker & Riggott.

IMO Jeff Hendrick can probably expect an offer comparable with Mark O'Brien's, and I'm certainly not worried about losing him to a Premier League club any time soon.

I'm not talking about giving him a 5yr deal on £8,000 a week, Taking your arguement, Mark O'Brien would be behind a fit Shackell, Barker & Riggott.

IMO Jeff Hendrick can probably expect an offer comparable with Mark O'Brien's, and I'm certainly not worried about losing him to a Premier League club any time soon.

what argument?

i'm just saying he's still a reserve....as is o'brien until they are getting picked on merit over everyone else.

both players have done very well after having got in the team due to injuries but both need to keep their feet on the ground.

any talk about premier league is premature.

what argument?

i'm just saying he's still a reserve....as is o'brien until they are getting picked on merit over everyone else.

both players have done very well after having got in the team due to injuries but both need to keep their feet on the ground.

any talk about premier league is premature.

I referenced O'Brien, a player who has signed a new contract very recently, despite ticking all the boxes you highlight for Hendrick's reason for not getting a new contract.

The way Hendrick has done so far will naturally raise some interest in bigger clubs.That does not mean they will make a bid and if they do we don't have to accept the first bid that comes our way. If we don't get a good compensation for him it will tell us a lot how this club is being run.

I referenced O'Brien, a player who has signed a new contract very recently, despite ticking all the boxes you highlight for Hendrick's reason for not getting a new contract.

i never said he shouldnt get a new contract.

just that we need to keep a sense of perspective.

any PL team bidding for hendrick atm would look a bunch of eeeeeeeediots! he's barely proved himself at championship level, he wont be near PL standards for another few years yet. And for all we know, he could just be in good form and crap for all of next season ( a bit like brayford at the moment)

Archived