Jeff Hendrick

davenportram

any PL team bidding for hendrick atm would look a bunch of eeeeeeeediots! he's barely proved himself at championship level, he wont be near PL standards for another few years yet. And for all we know, he could just be in good form and crap for all of next season ( a bit like brayford at the moment)

Exactly- he is doing well, that is it. He has surprised us at his quality and consistence so far but prem quality? Not by a long shot! Bailey is a better player in my opinion but just because this lad has broken into the first team people thinks he is suddenly a world beater and worth millions! He may be a very good player one day but he isn't yet.

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

'Arry will be eagerly awaiting 2013 so he can pay us £100,000 and some magic beans just before the end of his contract.

But silly money goes around for British players nowadays. If he (hopefully) gets a call up to the full ROI squad his transfer fee will jump up dramatically.

'Arry will be eagerly awaiting 2013 so he can pay us £100,000 and some magic beans just before the end of his contract.

But silly money goes around for British players nowadays. If he (hopefully) gets a call up to the full ROI squad his transfer fee will jump up dramatically.

Why are we talking about selling him? People bitch and moan when we sell our young players but we are quick to relish making a quick buck

Why are we talking about selling him? People bitch and moan when we sell our young players but we are quick to relish making a quick buck

I don't want to sell him. but it's likely we will, so I just hope we receive a Seth Johnson type fee as a consolation.

I'm glad I'm not the only one that hasn't bought into the Hendrick hype.

Don't get me wrong the kids done good and his goal against Forest will be remembered for a long time, but it's too early to be sticking him high up on a pedestal....he could be scared of heights.

I'm glad I'm not the only one that hasn't bought into the Hendrick hype. Don't get me wrong the kids done good and his goal against Forest will be remembered for a long time, but it's too early to be sticking him high up on a pedestal....he could be scared of heights.

Exactly. He's an exciting prospect and so far that's all he is, a prospect. Just like Giles Barnes was and we've all witnessed his alarming fall from grace after we decided he was Charlie George, Ted McMinn & Kevin Hector rolled into one. The games I've seen him in so far this season, especially Burnley he was a passenger for large parts of the game. Let's see where he's at come the end of the season before we start talking about the merits of whether we should sell him or not...

He's certainly Irish. Good luck to you if you ever tell the Irish they're British if you ever go on holiday there mate 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/wink' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=';)' />

On the stories, waste of time, waste of a thread, may aswell have just named it "Jeff hendrick" if you wanted to talk about him.

Otherwise, I think for him to develop into a "world class" player, he would need to play in a team of Man utds class. That I believe is the difference between the likes of Ryan giggs to Scott Parker. Both quality players, just one stayed in the same quality team his whole career, the other moved about and played alongside average prem players.

Exactly. He's an exciting prospect and so far that's all he is, a prospect. Just like Giles Barnes was and we've all witnessed his alarming fall from grace after we decided he was Charlie George, Ted McMinn & Kevin Hector rolled into one. The games I've seen him in so far this season, especially Burnley he was a passenger for large parts of the game. Let's see where he's at come the end of the season before we start talking about the merits of whether we should sell him or not...

Not sure about passenger, but he's far from the finished article.

Why people think this club is selling club. Lets see Commons and Hulse. Did we sell them or were they refusing to fall into line with the wages and demanded a move to where the money is. Lets be fair neither at present seem to be doing a lot.

When it comes to the youngsters who at present are playing their heart out for us, and lets be fair none of them expected to be actually playing at this stage of the season as they are still developing, the club have moved to ensure that their contracts do not expire at the end of this season. Lets give the club, Glick and Clough credit when it is due. Bailey, Brayford, Hendrick, O'Brien etc are not leaving this year unless a mad offer is made. The ones who are here for the club are still here and I do not want this to sound like a dig but the ones who want the money more than playing for us have gone. I will take the lads who want to play for us over the more experienced so call better players anytime as they give their all. Look at Leeds when they spent mega bucks on players administration and league 1.

Mad offers may be the way forward for DCFC- if Clough is as good as I suspect at finding young talented players and bringing them on it could bode well for the club. Whilst selling young promising players may not be everyones idea of progress it depends on what is done with the profit that counts.

Archived