Next England Manager

Day

Bit dissapointed that England are so short on World class players and managers.

From the home of football and it being so important in this country, you look at the way England fans fill stadiums at tournaments, the attendances in this country...... we really should be producing more than we are surely??

We should be looking at a hatful of names for the managers job. We're looking at former relegation wheeler dealer Harry Redknapp who's now the best we have and "long ball" Bolton Wanderers hero and now second tier manager Allardyce.

It'd be nice if we could stick with English...... but by the time Capello walks, we wont have anyone who's got a CV half as impressive as realistic targets like Mourinho and Wenger.

Wenger gets a lot of stick for finishing top 6 (TOP SIX) in the country and having decent Champions League campaigns. He's not done bad for a moaning git.

Perfectly put.

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

OR.....how about this RADICAL idea....we give it the BEST manager...I know CRAZY isn't it...

Why does it mater where they are from? Do you think Brazil cared when big Phil won it..?

xenophobia gone mad.

Be very careful throwing accusations like that about my friend. My point is you should be English to manage England, it has nothing to do with the X word and I think you should apologise.

Carragher wasn't being xenophobic in his comments, I have no idea why people think that - he quite clearly said it was "cheating" to not have a manager of your own country managing the national side. Surely that extends to all countries? He was basically admitting foreign managers are better.

I completely agree with him. National sides are national sides. It's about the best one country has to offer. If Capello was a UK citizen, fine - but why can't we call up overseas players to play for us if we can have foreign managers?

But until that rules is put in place, we might as welll ge the best manager we can.

Carragher wasn't being xenophobic in his comments, I have no idea why people think that - he quite clearly said it was "cheating" to not have a manager of your own country managing the national side. Surely that extends to all countries? He was basically admitting foreign managers are better.

I completely agree with him. National sides are national sides. It's about the best one country has to offer. If Capello was a UK citizen, fine - but why can't we call up overseas players to play for us if we can have foreign managers?

But until that rules is put in place, we might as welll ge the best manager we can.

Really, dont take your ideals from the genius that is Jamie Carragher!! Please, the horrible disloyal fool.

As for the manager not being English? Gor gods sake, it is 2011, whatever next,?

Or just give it Arry because he is the best English manager out there at the moment. I am sick of seeing the 3 lions blazed across the chest of some effing foreigner whilst he's floundering to answer a question in the native tongue of the team he is managing. Bloody embarrassing- it's not like we are ecuador or papua new guinea for f's sake!

Yeah - it'd be much better to have some idiot answering every question with 'he's a top, top player', wouldn't it!

Yeah - it'd be much better to have some idiot answering every question with 'he's a top, top player', wouldn't it!

It would if he was English. Having national pride isn't racist or xenophobic. The rules are in place to stop people playing for teams they are not eligible for- it should extend to managers too.

It would if he was English. Having national pride isn't racist or xenophobic. The rules are in place to stop people playing for teams they are not eligible for- it should extend to managers too.

Does this fill you with pride?

[url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EOgTCbz-XmU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EOgTCbz-XmU

or this?

[url=

He's an idiot, with a massive tax case hanging over his head. If we're talking tactically, he was close to sending Gareth Bale out on loan 18 months ago.

I am sure most managers would have been a bit p*ssed off at being hit by "accident" by a ball during an interview. The second one was an inflammatory comment made by a professional journalist who should know better. So what about Bale> You send young players out on loan to get experience, it is common practice- he didn't send him out on loan and he is a good player, I fail to see the problem?! I am not saying he is a great manger but he is the best ENGLISH manager we have available- ergo he should get the job,

I am not saying he is a great manger but he is the best ENGLISH manager we have available- ergo he should get the job,

We should give it to the best MANAGER....NOT the best ENGLISH manager (which incidently the used car salesman is NOT)

No other nation worries about where the manager was born.....do you think any of the Eire fans were bothered when Jack Charlton took them to the world cups..?

The FA should try to pick a manager who has the best chance of winning a World Cup or the Euro.

Like Swiss says, it won't matter one iota at that moment if the bloke was French, German, Argentinian or even Scottish!

Big Jack, Big Phil, as long as its not Big Sam who cares!!!!!

The FA should try to pick a manager who has the best chance of winning a World Cup or the Euro.

Like Swiss says, it won't matter one iota at that moment if the bloke was French, German, Argentinian or even Scottish!

Big Jack, Big Phil, as long as its not Big Sam who cares!!!!!

Exactomundo my learned friend....

I saw a quote from the one and only Big Sam the other week saying he would walk over burning coals for the England job, first thought was that maybe it's a bit unfair on Joe and Carlton and hasn't Ashley had enough too.?

keep him MILES away from the job....Give it the best...Arsene or Jose...

Does this fill you with pride?

or this?

He's an idiot, with a massive tax case hanging over his head. If we're talking tactically, he was close to sending Gareth Bale out on loan 18 months ago.

Obviously didn't impress you, but after seeing them I'd give him job now! Hirarious!

Its not up to the manager to install any sort of "national pride" in playing for England, the PLAYERS are the ones who need to do that.

I agree, a lot of the current squad dont care, but this has been like it for a long long time....because....well money, money, money.. Its the evil that is wrecking this beautiful game.

club before country....England dont make me feel anything anymore....its like watching united in a different kit..... boring boring england... wenger wont take it....A. because he could prob do with out the countrys media destroying his life and B. hes effective as a club manager because of his frugality and knowledge of youngsters abroad. Arry wont get it cos hes a crook.

Archived