Leicester City v Derby County

CumbrianRam

• Replies 282
  • Created
  • Last Reply

12th or above and I'm happy tbh! But I don't think you can expect to get automatic while your team is still gelling. You have a great squad but it won't gel instantly. Next season you'll probably walk it though.

But it wouldn't surprise me if you scraped the play-offs. You have a good record at Wembley. 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />

No chance, its Automatic that we are after, as I said 3rd or worse is failure, you can't go giving it the biggun, spashing the cash & not achieving promotion. I think we have started off average, but it is to be expected with a new side, but they all know that there is no excuse, even Sven has said so! The Gel excuse is not valid.

I'm not being harsh, its a reality for the owners to expect a return on their investment & Sven has to deliver!

There's absolutely bugger all point in folks calling for Clough's head. IMO that's plain daft.

Today we couldn't keep up with Lester - but after the effort put in against Barnsley, is it a huge surprise? Not really.

Clough has said there'd be games where we wouldn't be good enough, today was one of them. So what? We'll bounce back - no doubt Lester will have a mare against a better team soon. It happens. Just because we lost today does not make Nigel the devil incarnate, we're still third - not lingering at the bottom. Come on people's, let's have some optimism.

And besides anything else, Lester have spent tons, we haven't, so in reality, they are going to be the better team.

So it was 4 nowt, it stings a bit and no doubt there will be lessons learnt from it, but we'll move on and be great again, have faith campers.

No chance, its Automatic that we are after, as I said 3rd or worse is failure, you can't go giving it the biggun, spashing the cash & not achieving promotion. I think we have started off average, but it is to be expected with a new side, but they all know that there is no excuse, even Sven has said so! The Gel excuse is not valid.

I'm not being harsh, its a reality for the owners to expect a return on their investment & Sven has to deliver!

OK mate - it's time to go back to your own forum now

We really dont want to hear about Sven's objectives and your multi-million pound squad.

As a fellow east midlands team we wish you well (compared to Leeds or West Ham for example). Our billionaire owners don't feel the same generosity towards buying new talent, but Nigel Clough is definitely working wonders with the exisiting squad

12th or above and I'm happy tbh! But I don't think you can expect to get automatic while your team is still gelling. You have a great squad but it won't gel instantly. Next season you'll probably walk it though.

But it wouldn't surprise me if you scraped the play-offs. You have a good record at Wembley. 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />

Do you really believe this or is it sour grapes?...did you see todays game??...they made us look gash and I think they have well and trully 'gelled'!!

Saw most of the game today and what stood out for me is that Robinson is a very poor 'striker'.

To be fair to Theo - he never really got the chance to strike, Lester were on him all the time but there were occasions when his first touch let him down a bit, so room for improvement there but you can't write him off just yet. His efforts lately have been worthy of the praise he's had.

You know Tyson will force Theo out the team.

He's not great in front of goal, but he's got a tighter touch. He's faster too. Not sure if he'll chase lost causes all day like Theo does. I like that about Theos game. He's rescued some lost causes.

Many critics at the start of the season said lets see where we are after 10 games. Well, we are third in the league. 3pts off the top with a young close knit squad and a financially viable club. We are 1point above West Ham and 3 points above Leicester. What a fabulous start. I say a massive well done to Nigel and his staff. A massive well done to ALL the players who have given their preverbial all. It is obvious we are short of a couple of players to keep us in the top two but don't under estimate this team. Now is not the time to start calling Theo or anyone else. No need for it IMO. Today we looked jaded and half a yard short. After the break we will be better.

Our season isn't over by a long chalk. Bring on Southampton. 3points here we come!

UTR

Many critics at the start of the season said lets see where we are after 10 games. Well, we are third in the league. 3pts off the top with a young close knit squad and a financially viable club. We are 1point above West Ham and 3 points above Leicester. What a fabulous start. I say a massive well done to Nigel and his staff. A massive well done to ALL the players who have given their preverbial all. It is obvious we are short of a couple of players to keep us in the top two but don't under estimate this team. Now is not the time to start calling Theo or anyone else. No need for it IMO. Today we looked jaded and half a yard short. After the break we will be better.

Our season isn't over by a long chalk. Bring on Southampton. 3points here we come!

UTR

Top post.

We've come a long way since August the 6th and I think we should all be proud of a young, inexperienced but improving Derby County team.

Just got back, and what a **** day out.

Our support was totally w*nk, their support was even more embarrassing than ours (Grecque's after the goals 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/rolleyes' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':rolleyes:' /> , can't remember their fat drummers name but he's a total jeb end, 11 year old kids in the family stand giving it "Easy, easy, easy" - that died out ten years ago), and we were f*cking useless. Shows that a team full of honest triers can only get you so far in this league.

What a waste of time and money.

Our support was totally w*nk, their support was even more embarrassing than ours (Grecque's after the goals 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/rolleyes' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':rolleyes:' /> , can't remember their fat drummers name but he's a total jeb end, 11 year old kids in the family stand giving it "Easy, easy, easy" - that died out ten years ago), and we were f*cking useless. Shows that a team full of honest triers can only get you so far in this league.

Oh dear Joe.

UTR

Did the Poznan thing make you laugh though. I laugh when Man City do it. Never mind Leicester!! That sort of thing should be left alone and original.

Does anyone feel like Leicester are just 20 times more up for this fixture than we are? Players and fans alike. On their official web and through out interviews this is built up to be a very big fixture.

I don't get why our players and fans are so lacklustre at the walkers/KP. It might just be another game for most of us but there's more support and effort given at every other ground I've been to in this division from us.

I am a bit perplexed at the excuse being bandied about that we lost because we were tired, come on now, we lost because the gave us a good hiding, and for the most part played us of the pitch, not because we were tired, after 10 games, and had a two week break in between, get hold of yourselves for goodness sake.

As for reviewing after 10 games OK great start 12 from 12, then 7 from 18, we need to pick it back up.

Archived