Leicester City v Derby County

CumbrianRam

• Replies 282
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i thought Fielding had a poor game at times.

O'Brien was fine until Howard battered him, but he did exactly the same to Barker last year.

We could have done with an extra body in midfield. Not Croft. But maybe Cywka or Maguire.

A couple of times when Roberts got forward, a better final ball might have made a big difference.

The worrying thing was the manner of the collapse....especially at 2-0...but on that evidence Leicester are a top 2 side.

Take it on the chin and move on.

Many critics at the start of the season said lets see where we are after 10 games. Well, we are third in the league. 3pts off the top with a young close knit squad and a financially viable club. We are 1point above West Ham and 3 points above Leicester. What a fabulous start. I say a massive well done to Nigel and his staff. A massive well done to ALL the players who have given their preverbial all. It is obvious we are short of a couple of players to keep us in the top two but don't under estimate this team. Now is not the time to start calling Theo or anyone else. No need for it IMO. Today we looked jaded and half a yard short. After the break we will be better.

Our season isn't over by a long chalk. Bring on Southampton. 3points here we come!

UTR

Yesterday was just a blip on the radar

To be in the position we are today, we would have definitely taken at the start of the season given the quality in the Championship this year.

Nigel and the coaching staff have done an amazing job with the resources available - onwards & upwards!

Just got back, and what a **** day out.

Our support was totally w*nk, their support was even more embarrassing than ours (Grecque's after the goals 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/rolleyes' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':rolleyes:' /> , can't remember their fat drummers name but he's a total jeb end, 11 year old kids in the family stand giving it "Easy, easy, easy" - that died out ten years ago), and we were f*cking useless. Shows that a team full of honest triers can only get you so far in this league.

What a waste of time and money.

Hearing the rabid fox fans screaming WE WANT FIVE, WE WANT FIVE was an effin embarrasment

The Sky coverage also didn't do us any favours, the TV camera panning on the Rams fans streaming out of the ground with 10 minutes left to go (85th minute) and the commentator shrielking "the Derby fans have seen enough..."

I hate it when we're on Sky - we rarely do well in front of the cameras

i thought Fielding had a poor game at times.

O'Brien was fine until Howard battered him, but he did exactly the same to Barker last year.

We could have done with an extra body in midfield. Not Croft. But maybe Cywka or Maguire.

A couple of times when Roberts got forward, a better final ball might have made a big difference.

The worrying thing was the manner of the collapse....especially at 2-0...but on that evidence Leicester are a top 2 side.

Take it on the chin and move on.

I remember in the first half, may have been at 0-0 not sure, but Roberts got clear at a bad angle on the edge of the area, and Davies had his arm up in space at the far post, but Roberts chose to have a shot.

Putting the Leicester game in context, we had a poor game, but we are still in a good place. We needed a plan B coming into the second half rather than the team just working harder, which they were able to manage for about 10 minutes. We simply didn't look that threatening,..... felt like the Coventry game all over again.

If you change nothing, nothing changes, lets have some fresh tactics worked out and practiced so we can change gear next time plan A isn't working. 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/blink' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':blink:' />

Leicester played like champions and are well ahead of the field in this division. They've spent a lot and it's clear that they are serious about getting to the premiership and staying there.

I'm happy with third and solvency with an excellent manager and a team that are still learning,

I remember Brian's team flying high and brought down to earth with a bump losing 4-0 to Arsenal, also 4-0 to Southampton. They lost 5-0 to Leeds in the damned united. It didn't do them any harm.

PICK YOURSELF UP, BRUSH YOURSELF DOWN, AND KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK!

Leicester played like champions and are well ahead of the field in this division. They've spent a lot and it's clear that they are serious about getting to the premiership and staying there.

I'm happy with third and solvency with an excellent manager and a team that are still learning,

I remember Brian's team flying high and brought down to earth with a bump losing 4-0 to Arsenal, also 4-0 to Southampton. They lost 5-0 to Leeds in the damned united. It didn't do them any harm.

PICK YOURSELF UP, BRUSH YOURSELF DOWN, AND KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK!

I saw those games all thos eyears ago...horrible. We're going to lose some more too but I still think we've turned the corner. Top 10 this season would be very good. I'm not sure why anyone is comparing us with Leicester. Money talks. They have taken time to adjust but I suspect they are now about to go on a winning run. That may coincide with a losing run for us - but we're going in the right direction, albeit only at the pace that our investors will support.

Don't think Nugent could do it again if he tried either!

he is quality sonny,ive no gripe with derby i live the other side of alfreton,and drink with loads of rams fans,and they all said we are light years ahead ,but if you spend money we should be better .fact

Nugent looked a bit ordinary last season. I thought he'd lost his way and was never really going to rediscover his spark. Not the spark that made him so highly rated as a goal threat

Frightened me to death yesterday. Is he back?

Nugent looked a bit ordinary last season. I thought he'd lost his way and was never really going to rediscover his spark. Not the spark that made him so highly rated as a goal threat

Frightened me to death yesterday. Is he back?

i,d like to think so, i was'nt too sure about him signining,but have to say he in my opinion he's been the best of the lot, he really looks quality ,and on a free,can't be too bad..........nice post yesterday by the way.

Dunno he seemed to be adequte striker at this league, apart from that spell with Preston where he got in the England squad when I did consider him top quality.

But he probably is playing for team now where he is wanted and the fans like him (they never took to him at Portsmouth).

Remeber we were linked with buying him literally weeks after joining Portsmouth!

Also, he's 26 so he still has a few years left in him and he was a free transfer (though he's probably on a decent wage and had a tempting signing on fee).

The most embrassing moment of the game was when we made Steve Howard look like Lionel Messi!

Dunno he seemed to be adequte striker at this league, apart from that spell with Preston where he got in the England squad when I did consider him top quality.

But he probably is playing for team now where he is wanted and the fans like him (they never took to him at Portsmouth).

Remeber we were linked with buying him literally weeks after joining Portsmouth!

Also, he's 26 so he still has a few years left in him and he was a free transfer (though he probably in on a decent wage and had a tempting signing on fee).

The most embrassing moment of the game was when we made Steve Howard look like Lionel Messi!

Ill tell ya somthing,howard would be a good addition for your lot, old head to help your youngsters. He's still got alot to offer at this level, may struggle for a full 90 mins, but good for 70 mins or so

Also, he's 26 so he still has a few years left in him and he was a free transfer (though he's probably on a decent wage and had a tempting signing on fee).

Cumbrian - I'll remember that moment for years to come. Twinkle-toes Stevie H, DRIBBLING past two defenders & cracking a shot a la Lionel Messi .......PMSL (at our defenders)

Cumbrian - I'll remember that moment for years to come. Twinkle-toes Stevie H, DRIBBLING past two defenders & cracking a shot a la Lionel Messi .......PMSL (at our defenders)

Dribble? It was more like poke it forward off his toe and push OB out of the way. Hardly call it skillfull

Went to the game thought we played quite well to be fair, IF Barker was back and playing to his usual high standard and Nathan Tyson fit a raring to go maybe we would have seen a more equal attack at their goal !!!! Defo need a commanding central midfielder not a loan player a signed player which cost us £1m+ say someone to boss the opposition and provide the wingers with quality balls so they can run on and do their job. Upfront with Tyson a Baino type flair striker with continental experience someone who will know how these foreign centre halves which litter the league think and give us fans something to cheer about. Buying the league is very short term piles on the pressure to much no long term stability one season or bust.......Up the Rams.

Archived