Brighton

Perky1106

I know everyone's going to be creaming their pants about them this season.

But...

I just generally find their success, and inevitable promotion this season really depressingly predictable.

The likes of Sunderland, Wigan, Stoke and soon QPR have all in recent years walked through the Championship, got automatic promotion and cemented their place in the PL just because they have money.

Brighton will do this too because they are backed by a sugar daddy.

I know we sort of did it under Pickering but it was different in those days, a little more open. However I believe soon every team in the PL will be there just because they bought their way in.

Thoughts?

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I know everyone's going to be creaming their pants about them this season.

But...

I just generally find their success, and inevitable promotion this season really depressingly predictable.

The likes of Sunderland, Wigan, Stoke and soon QPR have all in recent years walked through the Championship, got automatic promotion and cemented their place in the PL just because they have money.

Brighton will do this too because they are backed by a sugar daddy.

I know we sort of did it under Pickering but it was different in those days, a little more open. However I believe soon every team in the PL will be there just because they bought their way in.

Thoughts?

It's just a cycle... They'll either go up and cement for a while or be close for a few seasons then drop off into Championship obscurity (ie. Cardiff)

The likes of WBA, Wolves, Wigan, Stoke, QPR etc.. who have gone up and cemented will come back down again.. Other than Man Utd, Citeh, Chelsea, Liverpool, Arsenal, Spurs, Villa and Everton (the main 8) the other 12 teams are just a ticking bomb.. They could be there for 6,7,8 years but they'll eventually go down.. Some thought that Newcastle, West Ham and S'Land were too big to go down.. But down they went.

Brighton will probably go up, along with Soton, Ipswich, Hull, Leicester, (others who have cash) in the next few years, but they'll come crashing back down again after a certain time.

Of the success stories that have gone up, stayed up and consolidated without spending a fortune (there isn't any.. Blackpool, Reading and Barnsley gave hope in the past 10 years but it didn't last).. Football and The PL is predictable and inevitable

It's just a cycle... They'll either go up and cement for a while or be close for a few seasons then drop off into Championship obscurity (ie. Cardiff)

The likes of WBA, Wolves, Wigan, Stoke, QPR etc.. who have gone up and cemented will come back down again.. Other than Man Utd, Citeh, Chelsea, Liverpool, Arsenal, Spurs, Villa and Everton (the main 8) the other 12 teams are just a ticking bomb.. They could be there for 6,7,8 years but they'll eventually go down.. Some thought that Newcastle, West Ham and S'Land were too big to go down.. But down they went.

Brighton will probably go up, along with Soton, Ipswich, Hull, Leicester, (others who have cash) in the next few years, but they'll come crashing back down again after a certain time.

Of the success stories that have gone up, stayed up and consolidated without spending a fortune (there isn't any.. Blackpool, Reading and Barnsley gave hope in the past 10 years but it didn't last).. Football and The PL is predictable and inevitable

Bolton have been there a while.

Bolton have been there a while.

They have haven't they?

Their time is coming.. I thought they'd go when Big Sam left, went through a few manegerial disasters.. I don't rate their squad now, Owen Coyle IMO is overrated.. He's just a nice guy that everyone gets on with therefore people go round saying they'll be absoloutely fine.. They could go this year

Them, Fulham and Blackburn have been in the PL far too long.. Just like Charlton was before them.. I hope at least one of them goes down this year. Boring boring clubs.

Bolton have lost Elmander, Sturridge, Taylor and replaced them with unproven PL players like Pratley, Mears, N'Gog, Eagles etc. Also Kevin Davies (a player who I rate) has been a shadow of his best this season.

They will be bottom 6 for sure and if they go down I don't see them getting back easily, thier finances are not great and attendnaces will fall (the same for most clubs who go down).

Bolton have lost Elmander, Sturridge, Taylor and replaced them with unproven PL players like Pratley, Mears, N'Gog, Eagles etc. Also Kevin Davies (a player who I rate) has been a shadow of his best this season.

They will be bottom 6 for sure and if they go down I don't see them getting back easily, thier finances are not great and attendnaces will fall (the same for most clubs who go down).

Even Arsenal managed to beat them so they must be pretty poor! 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/laugh' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':lol:' />

Fulham, Bolton, Blackburn, Wigan, QPR, Swansea.

Get em out and let Derby, Forest, west ham, Leeds (I suppose) Southampton, leicester have a blast for a decade or two.

Recycle the Sheffield clubs, WBA, Pompey, Birmingham, Wolves and Stoke in and out and it would be more interesting to me.

I have a bit of biased towards the Midlands clubs. Think they have some passion at their core. The bigger Yorkshire clubs and a pinch of South Coast rivalry will do.

Get rid of your boring Lancashire rubbish and your London minnows. And Swansea fans are horrible. Doubled in number this year too. Weren't so well supported when they spent 3/4 years at the top end of the Championship! Proper Danny Dyers too

I hate it when the media say things like X club deserve to be in the Prem based on fanbase!

I laughed so much at Leeds and West Hams relegation and the medias crying about it.

I hate it when Derby fans say it too. Especially when we have silent ground.

Don't even get me started on Leeds fans saying it. 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/angry' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':angry:' />

Nope, Wigan deserve to be in the PL. They just make it boring. Get 'em out. Although i hope Martinez gets a bigger club. Like him.

Archived