Brighton

Perky1106

I don't think any clubs have an automatic right to be in the premiership, you get there by playing well. I hope the league becomes more competitive, however i can see it going the same way as la liga if we aren't careful, the two manchester clubs dominating the league, something needs to be done.

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I know everyone's going to be creaming their pants about them this season.

But...

I just generally find their success, and inevitable promotion this season really depressingly predictable.

The likes of Sunderland, Wigan, Stoke and soon QPR have all in recent years walked through the Championship, got automatic promotion and cemented their place in the PL just because they have money.

Brighton will do this too because they are backed by a sugar daddy.

I know we sort of did it under Pickering but it was different in those days, a little more open. However I believe soon every team in the PL will be there just because they bought their way in.

Thoughts?

Thoughts... Firstly, they wont go up. They will fade away and finish mid table.

Secondly, no one was complaing when Lionel was pumping gazzillions into us.

I hate it when Derby fans say it too. Especially when we have silent ground.

Don't even get me started on Leeds fans saying it. 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/angry' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':angry:' />

Nope, Wigan deserve to be in the PL. They just make it boring. Get 'em out. Although i hope Martinez gets a bigger club. Like him.

It annoys me about Leeds - they don't generally get bigger gates than us at home do they?

Where they differ, and we have really struggled in recent years, is our away following. I managed to get three tickets for my mates for forest away on the Wednesday before. That just wouldn't have happened a few years ago. Hopefully now we're doing ok, we'll get some of these supporters back.

Leeds, on the other hand, took 6000 to Coventry last season. We can't compete with that.

Anyway - Brighton. They won't go up, I don't think.

They'll be up there come the end of the season. In Lua Lua, Buckley, Noone and Vicente they've got four game changers who have all got real quality. I dont really rate Mackail Smith, a lot of hard work and endeavor but on the ball he's generally quite poor. There defence is a bit thin when injuries occur and i dont rate Angreken at all.

Leeds away following is absoloutely brilliant. Distance and time don't seem to matter to them at all. But that's the only nice thing i'll ever say about them.

Still a vile club with a stinking attitude and arrogance that's playing exactly where they belong. A manager with the intelligence of a pencil and players who sign for them and suddenly have a chip on their shoulder. They get the same numbers at home as we do. A few more than Forest and Leicester yet they will be on telly this week, the week after and they were on telly twice last week.

The media are up their arse, hard done to fans that have faced less relelgation battles than us. Enjoyed a couple of seasons winning far, far more than they lose. Their ground is a dump. Their legends are all *****. They were famous for cheating, they live of that fame and those glory days.

I will always hope they go under. Vanish from the face of the earth. Celtic and Leeds. Two clubs i'd laugh to see suffering like Plymouth. I'd laugh hard!

They'll be up there come the end of the season. In Lua Lua, Buckley, Noone and Vicente they've got four game changers who have all got real quality. I dont really rate Mackail Smith, a lot of hard work and endeavor but on the ball he's generally quite poor. There defence is a bit thin when injuries occur and i dont rate Angreken at all.

Are you allowed to say you "don't rate Mackail Smith"?

I've said it a few times and people look at me like i've grown two heads.

I don't see a very good player. He took his goals well against Leeds but i always seem to watch him when he's being pretty wasteful. I don't understand how he's scored so many goals!!

But saying that, Mcleod score a lot now too. And people loved Danny Graham last year. He's not very good either imo.

Some players just seems to feed off poor defenders and then make a reputation for being prolific. A bit like what people accuse Crouch of doing for England?

I don't see a very good player. He took his goals well against Leeds but i always seem to watch him when he's being pretty wasteful. I don't understand how he's scored so many goals!!

But saying that, Mcleod score a lot now too. And people loved Danny Graham last year. He's not very good either imo.

Some players just seems to feed off poor defenders and then make a reputation for being prolific. A bit like what people accuse Crouch of doing for England?

It's down to two thing i think, his work rate is incredible, better than any striker i've ever seen. This alone will create openings for him, he never stops running and trying. The other is the two clubs he's played for, Peterborough were very successful during his time there, they attacked a lot and must have created a lot of chances for him. It's started similarly for him at Brighton, they'll always create chances.

Course you're allowed!

I do think he's good though.

I live in Brighton (with a woman and two kids i add) and i think that some of the comments from my fellow rams are a little far of the mark - firstly brighton has always had a decent fanbase, helped by the fact that there are so few south coast clubs but have been stuck in the shittiest ground (probably in the league) for 14 years after they got screwed over by an old chairman, selling the ground from under them which led to 14 years of homelessness....

Now they have a fantastic new ground, been a few times thanks to work, a great young manager and a chairman who (as others have said) is down to earth - he made his cash from online poker and housing development following those bracelets)...

Anks (keeper) is rubbish and they have a couple of midfielders who are too slow for the Championship.... other than that they are an attractive footballing side who will finish mid table!

They don't deserve to go up and won't - they had a fairytale start and have now been found wanting, especially once a couple of players are missing.... their goal is survival this season.

Brighton is full of gays (which is refreshing and makes the main gay area such a laugh) and is also the best place to live in the UK!! (I guess i would say that though hey...) ive been here for 14 years and the party scene is fantastic (i go out a little less now could of the kiddies) and i know spend hours running along the seafront... training.

As for their team - mackail-smith is a true fox in the box who comes alive in there but also works his socks off getting the ball back - he would be a great asset to the rams (probably the only seagulls player that would add value to our team)

I wasnt knocking Brighton, my second team, got a season ticket in my name at the new stadium, was there for the first two home games of the season with my old man, in my time on this earth i've probably been to more Brighton games than Derby, mostly as a young, deluded child i may add.

They are a decent team, plenty of players capable of changing games and play an attractive brand of football.

Archived