United v Arsenal

MuespachRam

But his transfer policy is poor, shockingly poor.. And his sides are based on athletes, not footballing ability..

Fabregas, Nasri, Arshavin ?

I don't even rate him as a top manager anymore.. He's got it badly wrong for the past 6 years now he just seems to have lost the plot.

It wasn't that long ago that they put six past us at PP.

Since construction on their new ground began in 2004 only Man Utd (4) and Chelsea (3) have won the league.

Since the ground was finished in 2006 Chelsea have won the FA Cup 3 times, and Man City last year. The year Portsmouth won Arsenal went out to Man Utd.

Billionaires have been spending fast and loose whilst Arsenal have been in the real world.

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Arsene's sides are all athletes and not footballers? Wow that is one of the stupidest things i've read on here for a while. Far and away the best attractive passing side in England for the last 10 years. If Fabregas, Nasri, Bergkamp, Henry etc etc were all just athletes then i guess we might as well just give up :rolleyes:

Arsene's sides are all athletes and not footballers? Wow that is one of the stupidest things i've read on here for a while. Far and away the best attractive passing side in England for the last 10 years. If Fabregas, Nasri, Bergkamp, Henry etc etc were all just athletes then i guess we might as well just give up :rolleyes:

You've just names 4.. One was already there before him, and the other 3 were sold on to better/bigger/more attractive clubs.. I'm talking since the invincible side.. 2004 onwards

So he doesn't go for athletes? Who the hell bought..

Eboue, Adebayour, Song, Sagna, Djourou, Clichy, Toure, Gervinho, Walcott, Chamackh, Diaby, Denilson

Not a single one of these players has decent ball ability.. Zilch.

His only players who did were Arshavin (who now looks lost) Van-Persie (Whose always injured) Fabregas (gone) Clichy (gone) Nasri (gone)

I won't even mention the likes of Koscielny, Squillaci, Cygan, Senderos, Mannone, Bendtner.. All epic failures..

Since 2004 Arsene Wenger has spent money, on pure sh*te.. His net spend is probably around the same as Fergies.. At least Fergie got it right when it came to selling players ie. Ronaldo and Tevez bought in over $100mill.

Also I don't find them attractive.. They don't play football anywhere near as good as Valencia, Barca, Villareal and Real Madrid.. Even Atletico Bilboa and Atletico Madrid have better 'footballers' with better technical ability.. They also keep the ball far better than Arsenals athletes.

Wilshire and Ramsey are good, but not a patch on Spains youngsters like Thiago and Javi Martinez.. Not a patch..

You've just names 4.. One was already there before him, and the other 3 were sold on to better/bigger/more attractive clubs.. I'm talking since the invincible side.. 2004 onwards

Eboue, Adebayour, Song, Sagna, Djourou, Clichy, Toure, Gervinho, Walcott, Chamackh, Diaby, Denilson

His only players who did were Arshavin (who now looks lost) Van-Persie (Whose always injured) Fabregas (gone) Clichy (gone) Nasri (gone)

I won't even mention the likes of Koscielny, Squillaci, Cygan, Senderos, Mannone, Bendtner.. All epic failures..

Since 2004 Arsene Wenger has spent money, on pure sh*te.. His net spend is probably around the same as Fergies.. At least Fergie got it right when it came to selling players ie. Ronaldo and Tevez bought in over $100mill.

I think you're being harsh saying he only goes for athletes, i think he's realised in the modern day Premier League being an athlete to a certain extent is quite important, he's just trying to get the right balance.

You're trying to compare every player to Xavi or Iniesta saying some of those players have zero ball ability, how would you describe players like Fletcher and Carrick's ball ability then?

Last season, even with Fabregas, Nasri and Clichy, the rest of their squad was generally average and they were punching above the weight to even be considered for the title in my opinion.

Now three of their best players are gone, it has exposed weaknesses that have existed ever since Viera left.

I think you're being harsh saying he only goes for athletes, i think he's realised in the modern day Premier League being an athlete to a certain extent is quite important, he's just trying to get the right balance.

You're trying to compare every player to Xavi or Iniesta saying some of those players have zero ball ability, how would you describe players like Fletcher and Carrick's ball ability then?

I would say neither has a patch on Anderson.. But I would also say that Man Utds midfield is rather weak..

I judge Englands midfield in general.. You look at the likes of Rodwell and Henderson being worth $20mill each.. Then you look at the likes of Javi Martinez and Thiago being worth 1/4 of that yet being 10x better..

You can buy English talent (haha talent) like Walcott for $10mill or you can spend $3mill more and get Nani..

Wenger is right to go for foreign talent, he is however scouting the wrong countries.. France and Belgium offer nothing in comparison to Spain and Portugal..

With the dominance of Real Madrid and Barca there are some special Spanish players out there who just don't get games (Fabregas and David Silva aren't even international starters for example).. The same can be said for Portugal. Only Man City have clicked on, David Silva and Aguero were stars for (deemed smaller clubs than Arsenal) yet now are Man Citys best players.

Porto, Sporting and Benfica produce every year special players also.

Only Fergie and Mancini seem reluctant to go out and get them.. Ridiculous really.. Villa Boas given time could transform Chelsea with players from this region.. Mata is a good start.

Did anyone see Spains U21 team win the Euros? Hardly any of them play for Barca or Real.. Only a fool from England wouldn't go after them.. Also Germany's youngsters have got far better technical ability than our lot.

Also I don't find them attractive.. They don't play football anywhere near as good as Valencia, Barca, Villareal and Real Madrid.. Even Atletico Bilboa and Atletico Madrid have better 'footballers' with better technical ability.. They also keep the ball far better than Arsenals athletes.

Wilshire and Ramsey are good, but not a patch on Spains youngsters like Thiago and Javi Martinez.. Not a patch..

I responded because you said he just uses athletes and proved you incorrect :rolleyes: Denilson and Gervinho have great ability on the ball so cross them of the list. Rosicky is technically good, wenger only paid 2m for Van Persie which is an absolute bargain. Some of those players you listed were youngsters he got at an early age, maybe they didn't reach the potential expected and he just had no option. It was only a couple of years ago pundits were singing his praises for spending very little in comparison to his rivals.

Wenger hasn't become a crap manager over night, i think he is a victim of the billionaire owners and Man Utd's advertising revenue. Wenger sacrificed a lot of buying power to have a new stadium. Sack him if they want but they just spiral downwards harder and faster. As for the net spend you are completely wrong: http://www.sportingintelligence.com/2011/08/12/arsenals-net-spending-of-48m-in-a-decade-puts-them-9th-in-premier-league-120802/

"A year by year assessment of net spending shows Arsene Wenger has spent only £47.6m net in the past 10 years, or £467.9m less than Chelsea’s net spend in the same period (£515.5m)."

How is Wenger expected to compete with that? Imagine what Man City's is now. Arsenal are ranked 9th for net spend over the last 10 years and Utd 5th.

As for what is happening in Spain i really couldn't give a flying feck, Real Madrid should have gone out of business so many times it is disgusting. Barca are also plunging themselves in to massive debts to keep those ridiculous squads, probably around 500m now?

I responded because you said he just uses athletes and proved you incorrect :rolleyes: Denilson and Gervinho have great ability on the ball so cross them of the list. Rosicky is technically good, wenger only paid 2m for Van Persie which is an absolute bargain. Some of those players you listed were youngsters he got at an early age, maybe they didn't reach the potential expected and he just had no option. It was only a couple of years ago pundits were singing his praises for spending very little in comparison to his rivals.

Wenger hasn't become a crap manager over night, i think he is a victim of the billionaire owners and Man Utd's advertising revenue. Wenger sacrificed a lot of buying power to have a new stadium. Sack him if they want but they just spiral downwards harder and faster. As for the net spend you are completely wrong: http://www.sportingintelligence.com/2011/08/12/arsenals-net-spending-of-48m-in-a-decade-puts-them-9th-in-premier-league-120802/

"A year by year assessment of net spending shows Arsene Wenger has spent only £47.6m net in the past 10 years, or £467.9m less than Chelsea’s net spend in the same period (£515.5m)."

How is Wenger expected to compete with that? Imagine what Man City's is now. Arsenal are ranked 9th for net spend over the last 10 years and Utd 5th.

As for what is happening in Spain i really couldn't give a flying feck, Real Madrid should have gone out of business so many times it is disgusting. Barca are also plunging themselves in to massive debts to keep those ridiculous squads, probably around 500m now?

Net Spend.. Meh. Arsene Wenger has splashed the cash on sh*te, lets be honest.. Yes, he's picked up bargains, but these bargains haven't won them anything for 6 years.. It's all well and good, if they're like Sunderland or Aston Villa.. But they're not, they're suppose to be a top club.. They charge $1000 a season ticket.. Hows that worth it? They're hardly attractive and they don't win anything..

Patrick Evra got it right.. They're just a training ground for the big clubs to poach there players.. If they want to do this, why charge $1000 a season ticket and give all the 'big club' talk..

And Gervinho and Denilson aren't useless, but they're not good either.. As if a top club would want them..

Take Barca and Real out the equation.. Sevilla, Valencia, Atletico Bilboa, Atletico Madrid, Villareal have all been more successful than Arsenal over the past 6-7 years.. At least they've won trophies.

We should be praising Arsene Wenger for what he has done for the British game. A man who handles himself very well in the press and who tries to play football on the deck as it should be played. A man who is willing to put style and total football first.

Bris, how can you say that Ferguson has spent around the same as Wenger since 2004?! Not even close. Ferguson has spent way way way more. Any wasted a huge amount of money on poor signings too. Ferguson has had some huge big money flops.

Epic fail there, Bris. You cannot deny that you are just on a wind up saying a player has no ability then in the next sentence says he has because he has left.:rolleyes:

We should be praising Arsene Wenger for what he has done for the British game. A man who handles himself very well in the press and who tries to play football on the deck as it should be played. A man who is willing to put style and total football first.

Bris, how can you say that Ferguson has spent around the same as Wenger since 2004?! Not even close. Ferguson has spent way way way more. Any wasted a huge amount of money on poor signings too. Ferguson has had some huge big money flops.

handles himself well in the press? please say that is a joke, he is mardy and arrogant, his teams are dirty and petulant with plenty of nasty incidents especially stamping on players, they have had a red card in every domestic game this season. His regeneration project is going awry and he hasn't won a trophy in 6 years, whatever people say about Ferguson the man is a winner and is the most successful manager in english history.

While ferguson has had some big money flops e.g. forlan who turned out to be epic he has spent well in many areas, e.g. 17 million for ronaldo who is the second best player on the planet.

MOTD seemed to suggest the lack of harmony amongst the Arsenal squad, showing little clips of squabbling amongst the team. Walcott and Jenkinson had a bit of a tiff.

I think Arsene can turn it around, he just needs to rethink his tactic. Long slog of a season to contend with yet though.

It's early days, same happened with Liverpool and they're doing alright now.

Take Barca and Real out the equation.. Sevilla, Valencia, Atletico Bilboa, Atletico Madrid, Villareal have all been more successful than Arsenal over the past 6-7 years.. At least they've won trophies.

True they probably have been, but Arsenal are a much better side than all of those teams, and I really don't like Arsenal. You have a major obsession with all things Hispanic.

MOTD seemed to suggest the lack of harmony amongst the Arsenal squad, showing little clips of squabbling amongst the team. Walcott and Jenkinson had a bit of a tiff.

I think Arsene can turn it around, he just needs to rethink his tactic. Long slog of a season to contend with yet though.

It's early days, same happened with Liverpool and they're doing alright now.

Koscielny and Djorou were having an argument as well.

I doubt it's normally like that, probably just frustration and being drunk on testosterone.

Archived