Non-Derby County games thread

ANGERMAN1

The thing about Chelsea qualifying for the CL again next season if they win it, even though they could finish outside the top 4 - the change made after the Liverpool debacle was that you could never have 5 teams in again. Now the 4th placed team would be displaced and Chelsea would take their place. When it happened with Liverpool there was no precedent so for that season only the 4th placed side (Everton) AND Liverpool were both allowed to qualify.

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Words cannot descrive just how sick I feel.. I've never been so gutted about a result before and I include Derby matches in that..

Football lost.. I just can't believe it.. Fair play to those who like that type of football but for me it is absoloutely hideous and Chelsea simply don't deserve to be there..

How unlucky can one team be over two legs? They hit the woodwork 4 times and it was just 10 men behind the ball for Chelsea for both games.. I honestly wouldn't support Derby if they played like that, I'd want them to lose.. That isn't how football should be played, disgraceful.. As far as shots go Chelsea had only 3 or 4 in the whole 180 minutes, Barca had over 30 and it's unbelievable how they only managed to score 2..

I don't care who makes the final tomorrow, its going to be the same tactics from Chelsea and I hope they get smashed..

As for Barca now, they missed Abidal, Pique and Villa.. Those 3 players have been a huge loss this season and accomodating Fabregas and Alexis has lost it for them.. That team that started the CL final last year was so much more clinical than the team that played today..

Gutted for Xavi and Iniesta, they don't deserve to be beaten like that..

Chelsea scored 1 more goal than Barcelona over the 2 legs, is that not the idea of the game? Barca can't be that good if they had so many chances and lost.

I think if you asked Barca fans whether they would prefer to see their team putting 100 passes together on the halfway line and losing or defending for their lives and winning, there would only be one answer.

Words cannot descrive just how sick I feel.. I've never been so gutted about a result before and I include Derby matches in that..

Football lost.. I just can't believe it.. Fair play to those who like that type of football but for me it is absoloutely hideous and Chelsea simply don't deserve to be there..

How unlucky can one team be over two legs? They hit the woodwork 4 times and it was just 10 men behind the ball for Chelsea for both games.. I honestly wouldn't support Derby if they played like that, I'd want them to lose.. That isn't how football should be played, disgraceful.. As far as shots go Chelsea had only 3 or 4 in the whole 180 minutes, Barca had over 30 and it's unbelievable how they only managed to score 2..

I don't care who makes the final tomorrow, its going to be the same tactics from Chelsea and I hope they get smashed..

As for Barca now, they missed Abidal, Pique and Villa.. Those 3 players have been a huge loss this season and accomodating Fabregas and Alexis has lost it for them.. That team that started the CL final last year was so much more clinical than the team that played today..

Gutted for Xavi and Iniesta, they don't deserve to be beaten like that..

Villa could of proved crucial tonight with his range. And i've not seen Alexis Sanchez every week but i think he's a good addition to Barca??

He was central to everything at Udinese and was destined for a big move. Has he not impressed?

I don't understand why Barca accomodate players like Valdes, Alves, Fabregas, Pedro. Sure, if they are neccesary to Xavi and Iniesta, Busquets and Messi. Puyol and Villa and Sanchez then fine. But with this poor away record by their extraordinary standards, a Real Madrid clearly gaining ground (that's been clear for a little while now) and now crashing out the Champ Lge surely they will look to these players as not good enough? Beating Granada isn't a proving grounds for any of these players. Ultimatley they will be judged at the very highest level and over perhaps 5 major games in an entire calender year? That's just how it is for Man United, Real Madrid, Bayern, Barca, AC Milan.

Pride could be there downfall rather than the aging of senior players??

"football lost tonight". Agree 100%. But Chelsea did defend brilliantly. A bad advert for football, but i suppose you'd have to be mad to try and compete against Barca like for like.

Inter did this a couple of years ago to Barca as we all know. It's great to point to Barca and say "that's how you play kids". But the harsh reality is it's about winning games.

However, Barca have still proved they are better than Chelsea. So i guess football did ok.

The thing about Chelsea qualifying for the CL again next season if they win it, even though they could finish outside the top 4 - the change made after the Liverpool debacle was that you could never have 5 teams in again. Now the 4th placed team would be displaced and Chelsea would take their place. When it happened with Liverpool there was no precedent so for that season only the 4th placed side (Everton) AND Liverpool were both allowed to qualify.

More reason for Real/Bayern to win as I want Newcastle in the CL, now thats an English team I'd support!

Genuine question to all those who dislike Barca.

Do you not enjoy the way they play? Is it now how Derby would play in your dreams? As a football fan is this team not a perfect advert? Then why don't you like them?

Genuine question.

I don't love them and wish them a greatness forever like Derby, but i do think they deserve rewards for what they designed.

Genuine question to all those who dislike Barca.

Do you not enjoy the way they play? Is it now how Derby would play in your dreams? As a football fan is this team not a perfect advert? Then why don't you like them?

Genuine question.

I don't love them and wish them a greatness forever like Derby, but i do think they deserve rewards for what they designed.

They've had their rewards over the last 5 years, i love watching them play, but let someone else have the glory even if it is just for one season.

Since when's defending NOT been part of football?

No i agree, take nothing away from Chelsea. They created the best chances and took them.

But surely what we all want to see, what as players at any level we once dreamed of becoming a part of, a free flowing attacking team pinging it about the pitch.

The more teams like Barca and say even Swansea over here win, the more they will be imitated. Football will be more exciting and pure??

I don't particularly like either Barcelona or Real Madrid.

Barcelona are the best side in the world, playing some of the best football around, yet they have players like Busquets and Pedro who spend as much time leaping around like salmon than they do playing football. You're the greatest side in the world, why do you need to resort to the kind of tactics that lesser teams have to employ?

Real Madrid - this goes back to when Butragueno was high up in the Madrid ranks and went off on a whinge about the spending power of English clubs, calling for it to be curbed as it wasn't fair on other clubs. This coming from Madrid who throw money around like it's going out of fashion....

Villa could of proved crucial tonight with his range. And i've not seen Alexis Sanchez every week but i think he's a good addition to Barca??

He was central to everything at Udinese and was destined for a big move. Has he not impressed?

I don't understand why Barca accomodate players like Valdes, Alves, Fabregas, Pedro. Sure, if they are neccesary to Xavi and Iniesta, Busquets and Messi. Puyol and Villa and Sanchez then fine. But with this poor away record by their extraordinary standards, a Real Madrid clearly gaining ground (that's been clear for a little while now) and now crashing out the Champ Lge surely they will look to these players as not good enough? Beating Granada isn't a proving grounds for any of these players. Ultimatley they will be judged at the very highest level and over perhaps 5 major games in an entire calender year? That's just how it is for Man United, Real Madrid, Bayern, Barca, AC Milan.

Pride could be there downfall rather than the aging of senior players??

"football lost tonight". Agree 100%. But Chelsea did defend brilliantly. A bad advert for football, but i suppose you'd have to be mad to try and compete against Barca like for like.

Inter did this a couple of years ago to Barca as we all know. It's great to point to Barca and say "that's how you play kids". But the harsh reality is it's about winning games.

However, Barca have still proved they are better than Chelsea. So i guess football did ok.

Real Madrid are well ahead of them in the league and have been for a while.

Archived