Non-Derby County games thread

ANGERMAN1

No I don't and once again that's completely different..

All Young did here was get fouled and go to ground.. It was a penalty, a foul, whether he stayed on his feet or not.. I bet if he had stayed on his feet and tried to be the valiant, honest type he wouldn't have won a penalty and where is the justice in that?

I'm personally ashamed England try this and disregard anyone else that does it... We're so far behind the times it's unreal.. Argentina, Italy, Spain and Brazil all have WC wins through 'controversary'.. Who actually remembers what they did? It becomes irrelevant and it's the memories of those wins that they'll always have..

England and it's fans try and play the high ground all the time and we only end up disappointed.. We're never going to win anything trying to be princes of football.

No it's not, it's the same, exaggerating a foul to gain an advantage. I call it cheating.

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No it's not, it's the same, exaggerating a foul to gain an advantage. I call it cheating.

What. they're completely different.

To get someone sent off is that the ref has recognised it's a foul, and then gives the foul, but the player overdoes it to get the man sent off..

Then next one, the one I'm talking about, is being fouled, where staying on your feet results in the ref 'playing advantage' or simply doesn't give a foul.. If you're fouled, go down and get the penalty/free-kick.. You are fouled, so all your doing is saying to the ref that you're fouled and there is no advantage to be had by trying to stay on your feet..

Completely different scenarios..

I'd feckin love it if Young went down like that in the Semi-Final of the Euros against Italy or Holland..

So, I've officially lost interest in the FA Cup now. I desperately wanted an Everton v Spurs final, so there would be two teams I don't hate (say what you will about Arry, but Spurs haven't done enough to piss me off yet). I've watched every FA Cup final since 1997 and it has only ever been Chelsea, Liverpool, Arsenal and Man Utd (with the exception of 2008 and 2011), so I want them to go out ASAP to make it interesting. It'll be a game in which I want neither to win. Oh well.

And they wonder why the Cup Final isn't special anymore?Having it kick off at tea-time on a weekend when there are league games probably has something to do with it.....

The cup final isn't special any more because of this?

Wasn't it 3 last year?

What. they're completely different.

To get someone sent off is that the ref has recognised it's a foul, and then gives the foul, but the player overdoes it to get the man sent off..

Then next one, the one I'm talking about, is being fouled, where staying on your feet results in the ref 'playing advantage' or simply doesn't give a foul.. If you're fouled, go down and get the penalty/free-kick.. You are fouled, so all your doing is saying to the ref that you're fouled and there is no advantage to be had by trying to stay on your feet..

Completely different scenarios..

I'd feckin love it if Young went down like that in the Semi-Final of the Euros against Italy or Holland..

Think you're in a minority of one on this Bris. I think we disagree whether it's a foul in the first place. Contact does not mean a foul. Being impeded slightly does not mean a foul. It's a man's game and pretending to be poleaxed every time someone brushes against you is not fair play.

Personally I think, if the only way England can win a major competition is by faking the amount of contact we get in order to pick up (ahem) "soft" penalties, it's a tragic place that the team is in. Because other teams take to faking things shouldn't mean we have to copy them. Let's call for tougher refereeing instead.

Bris.....

WqQ3Q

What part of that was a foul?? He didn't even touch him. The man is pathetic, you'd hope he'd be embarrassed by his actions but I doubt it. Such a shame as he obviously has talent but there's no excusing this.

That's a foul..

Look at where Young right foot is, it's right next to Clarks left foot.. Therefore as Young takes his stride with his left foot as Clark is pulling away (knowing he can't get the ball) he still catches him and knocks him out of his stride (accidental? Doesn't matter, it's still a foul).. He would never have reached the ball if he tried to stay on his feet because he was impeded by the defender.. That's a foul, you go for the tackle, you don't make it, you clip the player, that's a foul IMO..

The more you see it the more obvious it becomes, Young had no chance of avoiding the trip..

That's a foul..

Look at where Young right foot is, it's right next to Clarks left foot.. Therefore as Young takes his stride with his left foot as Clark is pulling away (knowing he can't get the ball) he still catches him and knocks him out of his stride (accidental? Doesn't matter, it's still a foul).. He would never have reached the ball if he tried to stay on his feet because he was impeded by the defender.. That's a foul, you go for the tackle, you don't make it, you clip the player, that's a foul IMO..

The more you see it the more obvious it becomes, Young had no chance of avoiding the trip..

Bris I think you mean, 'on top of Clarks left foot'. Get it right.

That's a foul..

Ah I get it now, you're just taking the mick. Heh, funny guy.

Its an un-natural movement. If someone ever so slighlty catches your foot like Clark did there is no way it would make you fall through the air with your legs flying all over the place. Imagine what he would be like when he is actually fouled. Backwards sommersault with pike.

Bris I think you mean, 'on top of Clarks left foot'. Get it right.

His right foot doesn't catch Clark at all..

Stand by my previous comments.. A foul none the less and good on Young for winning Man Utd a penalty when many others wouldn't have..

Also Fergie is hardlyone for lying is he, one of the honest PL managers

I am all for honesty. But sadly like all things and not just football, honesty doesn't seem to get rewarded. It seems to me the way these days is to cheat your way through.

Young can feck off. That is a dive, everything about it is wrong and shameful.

Archived