Non-Derby County games thread

ANGERMAN1

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

True because Liverpool are still mistaken for thinking they are a top side on their name alone. A realistic goal for Rodgers should be top 7 and try to get in Europa League. Instead it's top 4 and Champions League.

Crazy to take that job.

It's strange how things go. When I was a kid it was Liverpool who were everyone's dead cert to win matches. With Manure and ******** capable on their day.

Then Arsenal won a title, Leeds too I think then Manure domination with Chelsea, Arsenal having spells as top dogs and are now capable of good results at times.

It will change again - but not until Fergue goes. It seems that managerial changes can trigger a change of fortune. Money provides short lived success, without the correct ethos permeating through the club it doesn't last and league titles stop being won or aren't won again (Chelski syndrome, Blackburn and I think City will be added to the list)

Roberto Martinez knows what he's doing. Turned down Liverpool and (I believe at one point) Chelsea. Knows what happens when you join a club with such high expectations. Looking at managers who have taken jobs like that, it never ends well, so he's stuck to doing what he's been doing so well for a couple of years now, keeping wigan up.

E.G Roy Hodgson was brilliant at Fulham but **** at Liverpool. And where is he now? No one knows. Into the footballing wilderness. we'll never hear of him again.

Archived