Non-Derby County games thread

ANGERMAN1

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Watching the football league highlights, and the Southampton game, I'm reminded of when we beat Southampton in the playoffs, and the number of Pompey fans who took great delight at the time. No doubt they took even greater delight afterwards as Southampton were relegated to the third tier whilst they won the FA Cup.

What a difference a few years makes.

Pompey fans must scarcely be able to fathom the role reversal that they've been subjected to.

Fair play to the Saints. sometimes I think Adkins comes across as a bit of a c0ck but clearly he, and Southampton deserve to go up this season. Along with Reading, they've been a fantastic side all season and should put up a good showing in the Premier League next season.

Pleased for Billy Sharp as well, after the year he's had.

Is this the first season in history when all 3 relegated sides are in the top 6? I'd hate for this to be the norm from now on..

Just looking at Keith Hills comments for Barnsley, he basically says the Premier League 2 is currently under way given that the relegated sides are near the top along with the big spenders.

He says it doesn't give much chance for the smaller clubs such as Barnsley, Peterborough and Bristol City..

So much competition going on in the NPC now next season I reckon we could be in for a record number of sackings when the chips are down!

Is this the first season in history when all 3 relegated sides are in the top 6? I'd hate for this to be the norm from now on..

Just looking at Keith Hills comments for Barnsley, he basically says the Premier League 2 is currently under way given that the relegated sides are near the top along with the big spenders.

He says it doesn't give much chance for the smaller clubs such as Barnsley, Peterborough and Bristol City..

So much competition going on in the NPC now next season I reckon we could be in for a record number of sackings when the chips are down!

I would say you will see it within the next ten years

Archived