Derby Riots?

p.shilton

Comfirmed by the same person who said Argos and Poundland were being looted?

Load of ******.

Who confirmed that? Me? Did I do that? :confused:

Confirmed over Twitter through multiple people around the area, including 'PortlandDerby' (Is that a pub?).

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Confirmed- loads of cops/ vans at entrance to the park and nearly all car windows smashed down Brighton road for as far as you can see with more police vans etc down there. Nice- still to be expected with the amount of f*cking chavs around here:mad:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-derbyshire-14473138

Two arrested in Derby after cars damaged

More than 20 cars and a shop have been damaged in a series of disturbances overnight in Derby.

Incidents were reported in the Campbell Street, Allenton and Brighton Road, Alvaston areas after 23:00BST.

Two 15 year-old youths have been arrested in connection with the attacks, police said.

In a separate incident, a window was broken at Bon Marche in St Peter's Street in the city centre at 01:00BST and a 30 year-old man was arrested.

'Single group'

A number of vehicles were also damaged in the Village Street area of Normanton.

Problems were also reported near to Moorways Sports Centre in Allenton where a car was damaged.

Asst Chf Con Dee Collins said: "There were a number of incidents overnight mainly around Allenton and Alvaston in Derby, involving a single group of youths involved in crime and anti-social behaviour.

"Officers tracked this group throughout the area and so far two arrests have been made in connection with the incident and I expect more to follow.

"While it is disappointing, if you take the incident out of the context of current events, it is the sort of thing we have to deal with every day in the county and compared to other areas it has been relatively low-key."

Police also emphasised that despite a number of rumours there was no disorder or in other areas of the county.

A high visibility police presence will remain in key areas, police added.

did Argos get damaged in Derby? cos I was looking in the DET and the

re's nowt mentioned?

I was arguing with a drunk today that it was all ****** , but he was adimant his missus had text him from derby saying it had been done over?

Just had two kids riding up behind me on their bikes, I was scared to death!

Seriously though, saw a bunch of kids on their bikes. So, unless you're joking?

Are you based local then? And no, i'm not joking. Apparently there are a few more police than usual up on Heanor Market but nothing happened as of yet.

There is a riot warning on though, something must've been picked up by the police.

Are you based local then? And no, i'm not joking. Apparently there are a few more police than usual up on Heanor Market but nothing happened as of yet.

There is a riot warning on though, something must've been picked up by the police.

Derbyshire police have 0 riot warnings out, from the horses mouth.

Derbyshire police have 0 riot warnings out, from the horses mouth.

God knows then, everyone from Langley Mill/Heanor has been saying it. Alot of police were up on Heanor Market too apparently.

I don't know, rumours spread fast! But this has been mentioned by alot of people, seems a bit odd to just crop up.

Not sure if it was a riot gang, but their were quite a few kids in dark clothing on bikes all huddled together.

Saying that, there's always police around this end (live on Ray St) dealing with pissed up yobs. In and around Coronation Club and Red Lion.

Archived