Kevin Kilbane

Hartley Hare

• Replies 278
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I am not saying he is a better left back as he isn't, and where did you hear that? also why would hull give us a free player when we are in the same league?

He heard it from the inside of his face. He's playing with ya. Funny sense of humour round these parts.

He's not my favourite player, but he's very experienced and he's versatile. He played plenty of games for Huddersfield last season, so I'm not too worried about his age. And looking back at the huddersfield forums from last season, they are full of praise about how well he is playing (obviously at a lower level than we are at though).

He's not my favourite player, but he's very experienced and he's versatile. He played plenty of games for Huddersfield last season, so I'm not too worried about his age. And looking back at the huddersfield forums from last season, they are full of praise about how well he is playing (obviously at a lower level than we are at though).

They're not really full of praise, http://downatthemac.proboards.com/in...d=58072&page=1.

I have lived in Ireland now for a number of years and watching Ireland play at home is my only real opportunity to watch anything that comes close to being a good level of football in front of a decent crowd (unless I happen to be back in Ilkeston visiting family and get the opportunity to catch a game at Pride Park).

I have watched Kilbane play for Ireland for around 10 years and although he was always played as a wide man earlier in his career Trapatoni has consistently used him as a left back in recent years and he has always been steady and reliable. He rarely does anything spectacular but he has been quite solid and makes very few mistakes - I was amazed when I saw today that he has accumulated 110 caps because his steadiness tends to mean that he is rarely involved in memorable incidents and you tend not to notice him.

This year Ireland have looked to blood Ciaran Clark, Stephen Ward and Greg Cunnigham at Left Back so he has had less games but they still turn to Kilbane for important games. He is still very much part of the International set-up and I am not aware of any signalled intent to step down.

He is not blessed with pace (he never really was) and is certainly not a long term solution but he is experienced and will be a steady option and I do think he can do a job for us.

Sorry didnt realize no humour was allowed anymore!!! it's negativity or do one!!!

How the fudge do you know where paying 50% why not pick another figure from thin air lets say 25% still too much? Nige still wa nk? erm 20% oh no hang on I want to be anti Nige!

Now I've heard it's 75% how crap is that?? Nige out board out!!!

It'll be 50% at most i think, but i think he is just cover until we sign someone maybe in Jan.

Our search for a LB is similar to that of Jason for the golden fleece. I'm glad that we'll finally draw this saga to a close in January, a full 12 months since we sold our only other LB at the club. It's not like it's a priority or anything, with Roberts being such a cracking player.....

The board are relying on Nige to find a left footed Brayford imo.

Indeed - explains Blanchett.

Makes you wonder how much money they actually have earmarked for those three positions (DM, LB, Striker) - We offered for Waghorn, but it looks as though we're doing things on the cheap for the LB option, and t'would probably have been a nominal fee for Eustace.

Archived