2011/2012 Season Sweepstakes

Toadbelly

Here's how it works.

1. We get the trusty Daveo to open a PayPal account to hold and distribute the funds from.

2. Entry is a tenner and selections are randomly drawn on the day before the season starts.

3. The pot is divided between various categories. I would suggest the following;

a. Final League Position - 30% of total

b. Goal Difference - 20% of total

c. Total Points - 20% of total

d. Team Yellow Cards - 20% of total

etc to 100%

4. For those categories with limited options (eg. League position), we double and triple up, dividing the respective pot between the winners.

Any interest?

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply
And I'd end up with someone like Coventry, spend the entire season willing them on. Not sure I could handle that.

feel bad for the poor sod that gets us or forest :D

willing the red tripe on, and the fact if we lose you'll go into a more depressive mode.

:rolleyes: Nobody gets other teams...that would be sacriligious. The main pool would be for OUR final league position (1-24). Additional pools could cover goals scored, goal difference, toptal yellow cards, etc,etc.

You may be right about the license but I doubt serious trouble would come of an unlicensed event like this.

Well,I speak from experience,but I'll have a look around and see if I can find summat in print.

This is from the Gambling Commission Website:-

You do not need any kind of licence from the Gambling Commission to run a prize competition under the Gambling Act 2005.

A prize competition is a competition where success depends to a substantial degree on the exercise of skill, knowledge, or judgement. Such competitions may involve answering questions, solving puzzles, tie-breakers and so on.

There is a lot more on there if you want to take a look:D

Doesn't sound like a prize competition really (if we were putting a prize up, that might make it a prize competition).

Might be exempt as non-commercial

(1) For the purposes of this Act gaming is non-commercial if it takes place at a non-commercial event (whether as an incidental activity or as the principal or only activity)..

(2) An event is non-commercial if the arrangements for the event are such that no part of the proceeds is to be appropriated for the purpose of private gain.

Anyway, sounds a faff whatever :)

feel bad for the poor sod that gets us or forest :D

willing the red tripe on, and the fact if we lose you'll go into a more depressive mode.

or dirty Leeds, with my luck that would be me. I would be spending the full season berating myself for wasting £10 as I could only hope for them and forest to be in bottom two. Having said that with my luck I would want both cos whoever I get in sweepstakes do absoluetely w&nk:rolleyes:

Archived