2011/2012 Season Sweepstakes

Toadbelly

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Gambling rules aside, personally I don't feel like getting involved. Only takes a couple of ban's or walk out's during the season and you've got people asking for refunds etc.

If people are up for it I don't see why it can't be done with no actual mention of money in public view kind of thing, like I say tho I won't be investing I'm out.

But it's not random - there's an element of skill, so it's not a lottery.

I think there is some confusion on this issue. My proposal is for a totally random draw in each prize category.

Each entrant would get drawn the following;

1. One of 24 teams in the Championship

2. A total goal difference from the range of say -50 to +50

3. Total number of yellow cards for the season from a range of say 40 to 90

4. Total points for the season from a range of say 30 - 100

I also think the key element is that we would be classed as a private society or group with entry limited to members of this forum.

having said all this, if our Admins are not happy with it, it's a none starter anyway :p

Reading the link seems it would be fine, I have no issues with it although I just don't want to be involved in the betting or holding the money. If you have the numbers and someone you all trust to hold the money go for it.

I've got a plan which I've floated in the mod room which is more in keeping with our usual style around here. Be more fun than a sweepstake, although probably work out to be a pain in the ringpiece for me.

Watch this space as the new season approaches.

Archived